brent379 Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 need some help deciding!!!!! so im going to be upgrading soon and cant figure out which way to go... my goal is to get the most brutal lows with the power I got. I have an aq2200d with a d3400 under the hood and a dc power 270xp and all sky high wire. using winisd to get a good idea.... one sundown x 12 in 4th....2.5:1 MAYBE 3:1 looks pretty nasty. f3 of 24.6hz....with a huge gain of +9db at 38hz. another option is an x15 in 4 cubes at 30 hz...f3 of 23.8hz and has a peak at 35hz of +6 db. my question is what is going to move more air....not going for numbers just want a good low hitter that shakes everything! still want to see what a dc lvl 4 12 will do in the same kind of 4th order... P.S. BY ALL MEANS NOT A VS THREAD BETWEEN COMPANIES!!!!!
Azagtoth502 Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 Cone area if you have the room. And comp programs go out the window in the real world. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
brent379 Posted December 30, 2013 Author Report Posted December 30, 2013 I got about 5 cubes to work with. I'd love to go with an 18 but not enough room lol and yes I know that I just use it to get a rough idea of the response and it helps with porting to make sure port velocity don't get to high.
Awhitewookie Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 cone area is king. no vs threads good luck before lock MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
brent379 Posted December 30, 2013 Author Report Posted December 30, 2013 did you fully read the original post......I stated this is NOT a verse thread.
Joe X Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 WinISD does not account for cabin gain, you won't get what you are looking at.
brent379 Posted December 30, 2013 Author Report Posted December 30, 2013 which is fine. like I said I'm just using it for a rough idea.
Joe X Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 The error is massive on frequency response, there is a fix using a Linkwitz transform, not very accurate but may at least be in the ballpark. WinISD can help you approximately determine your sealed resonance and excursion plots, even vent airspeed, which are really important to 4th bandpasses.
shanesauce Posted December 30, 2013 Report Posted December 30, 2013 If you have about 5 cubes gross to work with a x15 could sound pretty nasty in the proper box. - 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual - Audio under construction
brent379 Posted December 30, 2013 Author Report Posted December 30, 2013 Ya for the x15 I was thinking 3.5-4 cubes net with about 72 sq in of port area..I can't find box specs anywhere lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.