am i being told the truth? you don't need dual alt!

the batterys are diehard platinum and a stinger battery, but i want to order 2 xs batteries so they match whichever ones the website suggested for vehicle 06 avalanche. i want to order the dual kit 370 alt from dc,i just wanted to make sure this would work.i plan on running about 7-8k eventually but i don't know if just the dual kit would br enough for that much?

Dual alts would help greatly for that kind of power. You could get away with 1 and a good battery bank, but you wouldn't be able to pull full tilt for long.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

thanks for the info everybody! that salesmen pissed me off today when he told me dont listen to forums,and you wanna run team fi 18s! i never heard of them! but anyway i guess i should get 2 370 alt from dc for a little more power.

thanks for the info everybody! that salesmen pissed me off today when he told me dont listen to forums,and you wanna run team fi 18s! i never heard of them! but anyway i guess i should get 2 370 alt from dc for a little more power.

:soapbox:

On the real though. There are other things you can do before you need to add another alt. Make sure ALL your electrical is actually up to par, quality wire and plenty of overkill. I'm assuming you got the ground sensor under the hood? Might wanna talk to DC Power Kyle directly about your situation and see what he suggests. 2 370 alts are gonna be spendy. If it was me doing 8k RMS I would up the batt bank AND get a second alt. That vehicle can easily fit a quad alt bracket so a dual would be nothing to install. ALso, make sure you have an aftermarket volt meter mounted in the vehicle that you can always monitor your voltage.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Team FI's? they are poop.

donkey, apple, scramby eggs....

If those are poop, then what is gold?!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

:soapbox:

On the real though. There are other things you can do before you need to add another alt. Make sure ALL your electrical is actually up to par, quality wire and plenty of overkill. I'm assuming you got the ground sensor under the hood? Might wanna talk to DC Power Kyle directly about your situation and see what he suggests. 2 370 alts are gonna be spendy. If it was me doing 8k RMS I would up the batt bank AND get a second alt. That vehicle can easily fit a quad alt bracket so a dual would be nothing to install. ALso, make sure you have an aftermarket volt meter mounted in the vehicle that you can always monitor your voltage.

ok another alt would be a little expensive, i will check my wiring and just go with 1 extra alt and a battery bank. this may be a dumb question,but do you run even numbers when making a bank?

Archived