How about a tool that can tell what -db a track is???

As the title states. How about a tool that can tell what -db a track is??? Lets say my favorite cd is at -2.5db, I'd like to know if I should turn down my system a little to reduce clipping if I set my system at -7.5db .

I knew that would monitor where you wanted to be, but not if a track was -0db or -5db.

You want to know if you are clipping when playing a loud track right? That's basically a real time clip indicator, would work for this perfectly. Turn it up as loud as possible, but you can see real time if you are over the limit. Unless I'm misunderstanding you or something

You are correct. I'd like to know if I am clipping, but I'd also like to know when I play a track what it's at. Like going from Jeezy at -5 to an old school sir mix a lot at what seems like +3db. so one song would show -5 and then you hit the next song button and it shows +3.

Wire it to the RCA outputs on your head unit. Would only work at "full tilt" though

Sounds like you need an o-scope in your dash........

:peepwall:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Wire it to the RCA outputs on your head unit. Would only work at "full tilt" though

Ya, that sounds like a pain. I was hoping for a cool digital read out with -db on the screen would be badass. Like it could be detected no matter what the volume is.

Sounds like you need an o-scope in your dash........

:peepwall:

Hey, tony keeps coming out with cool stuff all the time. I have no idea it it's something that would be hard to detect or display. And for all I know it would be something the deck would have to detect.