Second Skin Audio

(2) dual 2ohm to 2ohm impedence

Skax

You just need to have both positives from the terminals wired together and connected to the amp. Same go for the negatives. You can do that by either running a jumper wire from one terminal to the other and then to the amp or just run a separate wire from each terminal to the amp. As long as both positives from the terminals are connected together and running to the amp and both negatives from the terminals are connected together and running to the amp you will achieve the goal of 2 ohms final impedance. Here is another diagram I found. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

thats the diagram that confuses the hell out of me lol what i have now is a jumper on each sub from pos to neg and pos and neg ran from inside box to sub terminals and speaker wire from amp to box terminals which i guess is 4ohm load

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

If you have the subs wired like in the diagram it puts each sub to 4 ohms (subs to terminal). Then when you connect both positives on the terminals to the amp and both negatives on the terminals to the amp it gives you a final impedance of 2 ohms. Like CleanSierra said there is no shame in taking it to a professional shop if you don't understand. I would hate to see something bad happen if you don't fully understand.

If you have the subs wired like in the diagram it puts each sub to 4 ohms (subs to terminal). Then when you connect both positives on the terminals to the amp and both negatives on the terminals to the amp it gives you a final impedance of 2 ohms. Like CleanSierra said there is no shame in taking it to a professional shop if you don't understand. I would hate to see something bad happen if you don't fully understand.

66rwn.png

would this work?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

What amp are you running? If it is a mono block that will work fine.

1500bdcp fosgate

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Wire each woofer in series, then wire the pair in parallel.

Like this.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

i guess my confusion is and a dumb one is the second sub doesnt have to be actually hooked up directly from the amp?so i will have one terminal on the back of the box with nothing in it??

Let's see if I can make it easier.

You wire each sub to 4ohm and then wire them together for 2ohm load to the amp.

Wire each woofer in series, then wire the pair in parallel.

Like this.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

i guess my confusion is and a dumb one is the second sub doesnt have to be actually hooked up directly from the amp?so i will have one terminal on the back of the box with nothing in it??

Let's see if I can make it easier.

You wire each sub to 4ohm and then wire them together for 2ohm load to the amp.

wouldnt it work if i just did like i sketched though also?

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Where are you located at I'm sure any member nearby you wouldn't mind helping you out.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived