got my 4/0 comparison pics

k guys i was planning to order 4/0 from the weldingsupply.com and like everything i figured i should get my feet wet with a small order vs being sad and 300-400 lost.

so i bought a foot and did some pics. see i dont recall 100% but i legit almost think my knu kca 1/0 is bigger perhaps not.

this stuff here seems to be legit ofc wicked stiff "although i only have a foot to tell with"

lmk what you guys think, as well as post pics of some shca 2/0 ofc thats why i bought this to start with.

now mind you the caliper is tight here just just set on

e6brys.jpg

2pqvu42.jpg

ff8kn4.jpg

and again here the ends are just slightly poofed out

2yl5umt.jpg

now this stuff is 4 a foot and they charged me 10 to ship it. they say its rated at 600a over 50 ' thats why i was looking into doing a run of this for my + and - to eliminate multiple runs. honestly i was expecting something alot bigger but then again ive never seen 4/0 in person. so advice and such? plan was just one run of each ,+,- to feed a ct sounds 4k, there 125.4 and .2.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

here shca 2/0

1383262186_power3.png

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

the only thing i dislike about there 2/0 is it doesnt give a max amp rating so how do ik if im with in the limits of the cable or how do ik how many runs i would need to support what i plan to run

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

the only thing i dislike about there 2/0 is it doesnt give a max amp rating so how do ik if im with in the limits of the cable or how do ik how many runs i would need to support what i plan to run

I think 2/0 cca good to 300amps and 2/0 ofc is good for 350amps if im not mistaken

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

for the size it actually is it should be good for 600+ like the rating for my welding cable is @ 50 "500-600" and im pretty sure knu's ofc 1/0 is rated at 3 something

The SHCA 2/0(actually a 4/0 cable) in OFC is good to about 500A on a 20' run. Would I run that much through it, no. I would prefer to split the load between 2 runs of cable to keep temperatures and resistance down.

thats what i was thinking also that ill prolly have to do 2 runs of each. but uk what after comparing price its looking like the skyhigh 2/0 ofc is gonna be about the same then the 4/0 welding wire

aside from shipping cause i cant seem to find there 2/0 ofc on ebay, 100 feet of skyhigh comes to 430 before shipping. hopefully its free :)

then the welding cable is 426 shipped

but using the skyhigh i should have a max of 1000 amps so that will leave me room to upgrade in the future as well as provide like you said less resistance

Archived