Second Skin Audio

How much of a difference does price make?

Alpine has good entry level subs IMO, could get 2 type E or 1 type S for that amp, and you can get them cheap online. I think the biggest problem with the really "bad" audio brands is that most people who buy them really do not know what they are doing anyway. I think you could go to walmart and pick up their cheapest stuff and install them properly and could be happy with them, if you kept the power on them at legit levels.

Now hear is a brain-picker:

If I have a strict budget, would it be best to get something higher-end from a historically bad company, or get something very entry level from a good company? For instance, kenwood makes a little amp I found on amazon for about 70 bucks. 75 watts rms x2 into 2 ohms. Then there is a little pyramid amp for the same price that claims it can output 500watts x 1 into 2 ohms. Now obviously those specs are a lie, but even if it only outputs half of what it says, that's still more power. So the question is, will you be able to tell which is higher quality? And can higher quality components make one amp louder even if techincally it outputs less power?

Subs = 2x Rockford Fosgate p110's in custom ported box

Amp = Rockford Fosgate 451s (115 watts rms x 2 into 4 ohms)

Rear = Sony xplod 6.5 coaxials (they were on clearance at target :D )

Front = Soundstorm 6.5's

Wire = some 8 gauge crap my friend gave me

head unit = an older alpine

I'M POOR OK :(

"you get what you pay for"

Doesn't mean that there Isn't over priced equipment/companies out there in the car audio world.

very true. I can't say DD isn't a bit overpriced but they make good stuff so I am happy with it. perfect example. MTX Jackhammer 22" is about $10,000.

don't think that's really getting what you pay for lol.

haha, wasn't directed towards any post specifically, just wanted to point it out. And yes, that is an extreme example but is also true. Just don't want everyone to buy things going by what they cost....

Mine will be,

Your 9515's, and those new DD drivers, Ill put my subs up against all day. Taking price into account.

All day.

And im the "buy new, and buy good shit" talking guy, BUT, there are limits, ....... period.

And Bhoss was right... vs in the making..

IB$l

Just get a sundown e series and an audiotechnix 400.1 amp. Best entry level setup you will find

Agreed, except I would get the alpine m500. Sundown is like the definition of bang-for-buck.

I disagree

other will also

"you get what you pay for"

Doesn't mean that there Isn't over priced equipment/companies out there in the car audio world.

very true. I can't say DD isn't a bit overpriced but they make good stuff so I am happy with it. perfect example. MTX Jackhammer 22" is about $10,000.

don't think that's really getting what you pay for lol.

haha, wasn't directed towards any post specifically, just wanted to point it out. And yes, that is an extreme example but is also true. Just don't want everyone to buy things going by what they cost....

Mine will be,

Your 9515's, and those new DD drivers, Ill put my subs up against all day. Taking price into account.

All day.

And im the "buy new, and buy good shit" talking guy, BUT, there are limits, ....... period.

And Bhoss was right... vs in the making..

IB$l

Just clarifying, did you just say that you would put your subs against the DD9515's? I don't want to make this a vs thread so I wont ask what you have, but if its what your profile says you have thats a pretty hefty claim there man.

Edit: Oh, I didn't think about the fact that you said taking price into consideration. Makes more sense now.

Now hear is a brain-picker:

If I have a strict budget, would it be best to get something higher-end from a historically bad company, or get something very entry level from a good company? For instance, kenwood makes a little amp I found on amazon for about 70 bucks. 75 watts rms x2 into 2 ohms. Then there is a little pyramid amp for the same price that claims it can output 500watts x 1 into 2 ohms. Now obviously those specs are a lie, but even if it only outputs half of what it says, that's still more power. So the question is, will you be able to tell which is higher quality? And can higher quality components make one amp louder even if techincally it outputs less power?

The Kenwood is a lie too. Put a list of parts you want in a hat. Draw names. Done.

Archived