Second Skin Audio

Any Choice Subwoofer!

Eroc3k

TeamRF POWER 15, because classic sexiness.

Took the words out if my mouth.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Sorry guys, i cant do it. I just can't post what sub i would buy. All i know is i like shiny new things. Plus it only makes me depressed when i start dreaming about shit i will never be able to afford anyway.

I hear ya, I feel the same way.

Next thread on SMD: 'If you could choose between any food, which one would you choose? I don't even need explenations or goals, just throw random words in this thread it doesn't even have to be food."

:suicide-santa:

LOL... There's no goal to this thread just a simple question and yes a dumb one at that! But for the simple understanding of what people on here like as far as company and speaker choices. I like to understand what people think and analyze those thoughts. It gives me a better understanding of equipment (audio gear)! Why is there a need to have a reason to speak?

Anywho thank you for your animated reply as it humored me this morning. Enjoy friend

That doesn't seem to work, since nobody has actually given a good reason and add their goals to their choice.

All you will find is which brands are on the bandwagon.

It just seems like a lot of people have this same thread every month or so.

True! we can call it shootin the sh*t :BART: And I agree with you, i've yet to hear types of enclosures to use with said speaker. Lots of interesting sub's though. Some i've never heard of which makes shopping more fun. Now i get to research new companies (to me) that I was not aware of. Perhaps I was going to go with choice A but now after research find choice B to be a better choice. Maybe because of price, performance, hell even looks could make or break the deal for me, IDK. I am in research mode 100% and find ALL information valid to a certain degree. There are no wrong answers. just a bunch of people getting together to bull sh*t on a website.

So tell me, you've yet to reply your choice and why? :wacky:

I'm sorry but there are multiple companies i would use , all depending on the goal.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Sorry guys, i cant do it. I just can't post what sub i would buy. All i know is i like shiny new things. Plus it only makes me depressed when i start dreaming about shit i will never be able to afford anyway.

Still you can feel lucky you are not into high end home audio (so I assume), there are speaker sets for hundreds of thousands of dollars. A complete system for half a million is not unheard of.

sorry to drop in on the pre existing thread but while we are on the subject , i noticed that some people have chosen to go with fi and i wanted to know if FI is a good sub for sq as well ? I ask that because the company is based out of here vegas thanks in advance for your responces.

The Fi Q is there more "sound quality" based driver.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

eroc3k just make a new thread in the subwoofer section so you can get some real answers a lot faster.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I tried to look those up no info no Web page Facebook and the only info on ssa which isn't loading for me. I'll give it a no thanks

But but, it's new and it looks amazing and it's made out of unicorn dust and so on...
Just a quick bit of info until I get time to put it up in my section. The driver uses MMAG technology (think older striker pro with clear cap). It uses 25mm thick plates the main magnets are 270mm OD and the Diode magnet is 220mm. The current coil in it is an "SPL" coil to give it massive amounts of motor force. In this configuration it is around 2,800. However with this big 8 layer 95mm long coil there is a down side, inductance. Which we all know kills top end bass. Plus it just has too much force for its own good. The spider pack is twice as hard as an IA Warden and still moves ~15mm one way free air on 500watts. Efficiency rating on this set up is ~92 1w/1m and ~99 at 2.83 volts/m

I will be tearing it down soon and putting in the "normal" MMAG coil which will give it a motor force factor around 400 and offer 42.5mm of one way linear Xmax. By June I will have engineering complete and tooling made for soft parts that will offer upwards of 60mm one way linear Xmax which will be needed to support the motor offerings that will be avaliable this fall. In the mean time this motor, if Klippel testing goes good, will be offered in beta form with 12 spoked baskets which offer ~32.5mm throw one way which i have Klippel graphs on and will be posting soon.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

Archived