Sonic Electronix

My Ag teacher gave me the authority today to put a double din and headrest monitors in our shop truck. I already have a double din (Pioneer AVH-x1600DVD). I am in need of some quality headrest monitors. So far I have mainly looked around Sonic Electronix, and they have a decent selection but a lack of brand diversity. On top on that, only like two of their monitors have more than one review. I found a set made by a brand named Concept which had seven decent reviews. It is the Concept Chameleon CLD-700. They were 7 inch displays I believe. Does anyone have any experience with a specific brand or know of a good brand to go with for under $300 a pair. They need to be grey in color to match a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab, and they need to accept an AV RCA signal from the head unit.

EDIT: Also, before anyone wants to teach me about the stupidity of headrest monitors, that is what my Ag teacher requested, and he is fronting the money for them. If he wants them I would like to give them to him.

Who's installing them? It's very easy to jack up a headrest just keep that in mind

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

A friend of mine had 4 of those chameleons in his ride. He had to replace 3 of them under warranty within of a few months of being new. They would just stop working randomly. After those ones got replaced he never had anymore issues for 2 years so might have just been a bad batch.

Edit- also x2 to what n8 said headrest can be a difficult install.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I have a pair of Autotain HR9L.

Check out onfair.com

Big selection, excellent prices and prompt customer service.

Believe the latest model headrest is the "Dream"

What do you think about the picture and overall build quality of the Autotains? I am thinking of buying the HR9Hs.

I have a pair of Autotain HR9L.

Check out onfair.com

Big selection, excellent prices and prompt customer service.

Believe the latest model headrest is the "Dream"

What do you think about the picture and overall build quality of the Autotains? I am thinking of buying the HR9Hs.

They are well built, and I think they have a better overall look than other units. Dont have any real complaints. I would recommend getting the zip cover if possible, which can be closed and hidden from view when not in use.

I dont use the built in DVD feature as I have a WDTV media player and Nintendo Wii hooked to them.

Archived