Need help with cloud storage...google maybe

Hi guys,

At work, we have a network setup for 6 computers.

We are all linked to a shared backup drive locally in the office.

I want to be able to access these files in the shared drive when I'm not in the office. There is about 1TB of info so far on the drive. Can google cloud make this possible? How does it work? I'm trying to read what the site says and I have no clue what's going on. Any help would be appreciated on helping me understand this.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

There are a few ways to do it. Given how few of you there are, Dropbox or a similar service could be made to work. You would pay per month for the service and would need to install the service daemon on the server that hosts the network share in order to continually sync the shared storage to the cloud. Dropbox for Business ($15/month per user, minimum of 5 users) would allow you to set up multiple users and permissions for each user and can integrate with Microsoft Active Directory. You could then remotely sign into Dropbox with your user account and access the files in the cloud. Any changes would then be synced back to the network share in the office.

https://www.dropbox.com/business/pricing

The more "business-oriented" way of accessing the data would be through a VPN (virtual private network). This option would require a bit more setup on your (or your IT team's) part. A VPN would allow you to securely and remotely connect to your office's network and then access the drives as if you were physically connected to the network in the office. A VPN will likely be much cheaper in the long run that paying for Dropbox every month but it requires an initial investment of time and possibly money depending on what you currently have for hardware and your specific needs. A VPN can be used for much more than accessing remote drives, however, and is something you will likely want to set up at some point anyway.

Personally, I would go the VPN route but if you would rather have a mostly turnkey solution that you are willing to pay for then something like Dropbox for Business may work for you.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

What kind of company is this?

Is thei owner ok with you getting to the data when you arent in the office?

Is their any personal identifiable info? names addresses payment info phone numbers ssn anything?

Why do you need to access it outside of work?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is a construction company. Our proposals, pics and invoices are stored on there as well as some confidential things.

The boss wants it and thinks it's a good idea.

I work from home sometimes and this would help out a lot.

Eclipse cd7000

As a security engineer want me to tell you why it's a ridiculous idea?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

There is far more to it than that. If you want access to.this stuff spring for vpn. You're just asking for alot of bad stuff I'm not typing out on mobile to happen by doing this.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

OK fair enough and thank you guys. We have doubled in work orders over the past year and it's very tough trying to stay organized when we are always out on the road and such. The crazy part is my boss would pay good money for someone to come here and setup a network for us that can be accessed from anywhere. All we have right now is a backup drive that we store everything on locally.

It's crazy everyone we've contacted won't even call us back. Either these guys are busy or rich and don't need the work/ This is frustrating.

Eclipse cd7000

Vpn is your answer. But I don't have any small.business contacts.in your area. Got a guy up here just not close to you

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

• 3 weeks later...

Archived