Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wassup guys

I made a thread before about a good project car to work on and I was wondering if late 80s early 90s mustang 5.0s are decent cars to work on. The reason I ask is because there within my budget, already fast, and there's a hell lot of them for sale.

The downside is that I heard since there 5.0s already, there isn't a lot of engine space to play with. And if I'm working on a project car, I def want to add a turbo kit so I'm concerned if a turbo will fit on a 5.0 without any body work needed to be done.

Overall, are they good project cars and can they run ? Meaning is it a car worth my time to put in or wait for more money. I found a 86 mustang wit 90k miles everything stock 5 Spd for 3k.

Thanks in advance

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Are you seriously asking this question? They are easy to work on will make a ton of power and have one of the greatest power plants ever made.

Posted

Are you seriously asking this question? They are easy to work on will make a ton of power and have one of the greatest power plants ever made.

Agreed.

However, I wouldn't just slap a turbo on a 25 year old high mileage motor. There's gonna be some work to do.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

I don't know American muscle well. Mainly imports. -_- but question answered.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Are you seriously asking this question? They are easy to work on will make a ton of power and have one of the greatest power plants ever made.

Agreed.

However, I wouldn't just slap a turbo on a 25 year old high mileage motor. There's gonna be some work to do.

I can probably find out by research, but is there. Good engine to swap in if I do an engine swp for a 5.0

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

swap it out all day long, screw it..... for a 347 stroker or something of that nature lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Posted

I guess I'm to much of a fox body fan, I'd leave the 5.0 in it and just build that bitch, keep the numbers matching, soon these cars will be the classics people will pay big dollars for

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 480 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...