89 C1500 Build log. 144 @ 28hz, loudest single cab w/o blowthru?

Wow 3,000 views! (wish there were more comments tho.)

I've been using the truck daily for hauling stuff around, it runs great!

But my battery is going out, I had it tested on a high grade battery diagnostic tool, it only has 480 something cranking amps, when it's rated 800. :glare:

That means this summer the heat will do it in, one day I'll go to start it and 'click-rrreerrrr----rrreeerrr-------rrrrrrr------rrrrr----c-c-c-c-c-c-c-lack!)

So I want to get a new battery, and while I'm at it throw in a Mechman. Should I jump on getting two batteries( I would like to be able to run my G4500 without the truck on)

or go with an alt first?

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Since your current battery is taking a dump. Get a good quality agm and follow with a quality alt. Then add a second battery later. If you can do 2 batts and an alt right now, I say make it happen.

Why do you want comments?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Since your current battery is taking a dump. Get a good quality agm and follow with a quality alt. Then add a second battery later. If you can do 2 batts and an alt right now, I say make it happen.

Smoove you think I'm at the level to run for SOTM? I don't think it's good enough, it's plenty loud, but I haven't even touched the doors. I think I should throw in some mat before I go for SOTM. I also want to get some small Imagine series for the front stage and run that off the G4500, that would be good enough in my mind. Deaden the whole thing, poly fill, and some Imagines up front.

What do you think guys? SOTM? I use the truck every day, the system is in and it plays loud and clear every day, and I just wrapped the box,

I believe I fit the criteria. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I certainly have enough pictures, lol.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

Why do you want comments?

Other people might have an Idea, or see something wrong that I've completely missed. There's lots of people on this forum that have far more experience than me, and anything they share is an opportunity to learn, whether it's criticism or a 'you should do this' thing, It's all good to me. I like to know what you guys think, there's some pretty extreme builds on the site, and many more that are not, so it helps to have an idea of where you stand. Obviously the SHCA GMC is an insane, leader of the pack kinda build, but as far as the little builds, I'd like to know what you guys think, that's all. Also, the people that comment, I take a look and see if they have a build log, so even if they say nothing at all, I can still learn from their build. Some people have really great ideas, you never know what cool stuff you will come across.

Here's my latest build.

If you could spare the $150 picked up and take a little road trip, Swordlordboy1234 is selling a nice Deka Group 31 AGM for $150. I was gonna pick it up off of him, but some shit happened on both our ends and we never could make the deal :(

Been creeping your build for awhile. Single cabs are low peaky little bastards... I had a 96 RCSB that LOVED 26-32 hz. Tillmycasketdrops, lives across town from me, peaked around that low too with his old box. Now he has a smaller box, and it supposedly peaks at like 35hz.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If you could spare the $150 picked up and take a little road trip, Swordlordboy1234 is selling a nice Deka Group 31 AGM for $150. I was gonna pick it up off of him, but some shit happened on both our ends and we never could make the deal :(

Been creeping your build for awhile. Single cabs are low peaky little bastards... I had a 96 RCSB that LOVED 26-32 hz. Tillmycasketdrops, lives across town from me, peaked around that low too with his old box. Now he has a smaller box, and it supposedly peaks at like 35hz.

Cool, thanks man! I'll hit him up in a bit. I think my truck is ready for a long highway trip. (That MPG tho...)

And I like my bastard peaky box, I can flex windows from 20 feet away and piss off people from well over 200 feet away, plus, dem lows are fun!

I start to roll off at like 21 or 20 hz, I'll make some test tracks, but at 23-28 it really digs, I love it!

I also had the wind shield flexing a bit with some Korn and Marilyn Manson (spelled it wrong, whatever) so it plays the upper bass pretty well too.

The Fs of the subs is like 26hz so that also helps it slap the lows.

Here's my latest build.

I would vote for you in SOTM. You have put in a lot of work and it has turned out really nice.

Guess what! My box drops right into my friends truck! He will likely be buying it along with my Volfehags, and he will proceed to beat his truck to death.

Kind of a sudden thing for me, just completed the box and already moving on. I want my seat space back, and I want to try another box, a single 15 or something that will give me some leg room. Or I could replace the bench with buckets and have a center console box with an 18 invert mounted! I dunno, that's a long ways off, but I have the dream. This truck will be broken by bass, trust me.

Here's my latest build.

Archived