89 C1500 Build log. 144 @ 28hz, loudest single cab w/o blowthru?

I originally had set of that style seat and never installed them so I don't know if any mods the the stock brackets are needed. With the corbeaus you can get them in many colors.

WHO'S JEALOUS!!!

IMG_0060_zps827cd110.jpg

What's the best way to use this amp? And what am I really looking at here, I know it's old-school, but how good?

I had it tested before I bought it, both channels work, but the gain knobs look really abused, and an RCA barrel is loose, but otherwise I think it's a keeper.

Who thinks I should run a 15 off this?

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Door amp. 25x2. So that means something more in the lines of 50@4 ohms x2 and 75@2 ohms x 2 :) Or use it for tweets!

I ran a Punch 40x2 trans-ana in my truck to some cheap kicker co'ax's...they SCREAMED!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Door amp. 25x2. So that means something more in the lines of 50@4 ohms x2 and 75@2 ohms x 2 :) Or use it for tweets!

I ran a Punch 40x2 trans-ana in my truck to some cheap kicker co'ax's...they SCREAMED!

What about a Hybrid Audio Mirus or Imagine series? run the tweets off the 100z2, and the rest on the G4500?

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

Glad to see Im not the only one work with a single cab. Those subs surprised me, its amazing what a good box can do. Great job so far!

353367m.png

2003 F-150 Single Cab

Pioneer 80prs

All KnuKonceptz 0ga Wiring (all soldered using Sky High Lugs)

Sky High Fuse holders

Big 3 with redtop

Karma SS RCAs

Eclipse EA4000 for Mids

Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 6.5s

Crescendo RTS-1 tweets

Audio Technix AT1200.1d for Sub

Soundqubed HDS312

Box 2.65cubes @ 32Hz 6'' Aero port

Stock 130 Alt (looking at a Singer 270 Alt)

any seats will fit with a little work, alot of people swap in f-body seats for buckets camaros or firebirds

Ha! I have the 600a version of that amp!

Dont skimp out on those cheap ebay seats, they are cheap for a reason. I have one in my mustang and the reclining part broke so it lays all the way back no matter what.

Just keep looking for good stuff, I bought a ser of legit recaro's off a guy on craigslist for $200, the deals are out there.

2003 Chevy blazer 4x2, it has a tape deck.

1999 Acura integra, whats a radio?

1983 kawasaki kl250R bobber, my phone is almost loud enough.

Glad to see Im not the only one work with a single cab. Those subs surprised me, its amazing what a good box can do. Great job so far!

If I don't destroy these subs before my friend buys them, he'll have some badass bang in his truck, and his is an '04, so he will sound different-ish.

For me, I want even bigger, and louder!

any seats will fit with a little work, alot of people swap in f-body seats for buckets camaros or firebirds

Yeah but how do you attach the inside brackets on the bottom? the bench has mounting bolts at it's far sides, do you drill and bolt some new holes?

I'm sure some of you have done this before, so if you could link me to a build log or something that has a picture or video, that'd be great! I already have some seats in mind, some universal ones off Ebay, black and grey, anyone used these before? I like them, black is good when you plan on changing all the colors soon (Plasti-dip!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-JDM-SPORT-XL-RACING-SEATS-VERSION-2-PVC-LEATHER-BLACK-WITH-SLIDER-CHEVROLET-/390795739031?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afd3dbf97&vxp=mtr

Here's my latest build.

Ha! I have the 600a version of that amp!

Dont skimp out on those cheap ebay seats, they are cheap for a reason. I have one in my mustang and the reclining part broke so it lays all the way back no matter what.

Just keep looking for good stuff, I bought a ser of legit recaro's off a guy on craigslist for $200, the deals are out there.

Dang! That 600 must pound!

Well, I'll have a box behind me, but I still don't want a floppy seat. You think the ones I just posted are good, or skip Ebay altogether?

I want a set of two matching seats, and I'd prefer to have the racing bucket style that hugs you in the turns. I mostly want some room for a center console, and a decent cup-holder!

I want to say I won't spend more than 300 on seats, so just browse craigslist, right?

Here's my latest build.

Cavalier seats may bolt right in. Volvo seats out of an S40(like mine, woo!) fit your description well. Generally, the Volvo seats that are like that are from the "R" models. Here are some seats similar to mine, but from a 95 850 T5-R

CC-180-080-800.jpg

Should be fairly easy to find a set of these on CL from a totalled Volvo.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived