89 C1500 Build log. 144 @ 28hz, loudest single cab w/o blowthru?

When you hit the body filler in the green stage, which is good to knock out down and remove high spots, the paper will "load up" you. You're making some good progress, I like the idea and how you tackled those straps, very cool. I also like that you're making the enclosure pretty.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do me a favor though, one you've got it back in the truck and playing. WHEN the bass hits on those low notes, feel the front of the box and see if it's flexing a bunch. I'm curious to know if it does, as I had a problem with that on mine.

It doesn't matter though with mine, it's getting ripped out soon for the real system ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Just a tip for the future. If you want glue or paint to stick to galvanized in the future, clean it with vinegar.

Nice.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

With vinegar? I'll try that next time. Thanks.

Okay I haven't done anything today. I haven't slept for the past 4 days and have kinda crashed, I slept a lot last night but I'm still dead tired.

I'm kinda worried about how to put the whole sheet of vinyl on all at once, I don't know how well it will work. I might not have enough DAP to do the whole thing in one go, and I want to use my spray gun to apply the adhesive. The straps still have some bubbles in them and it's damn near impossible to squeeze them out, I clamped the longer part of the straps overnight to kinda bleed off the air, but I didn't get it all. Oh well. They still look nice.

Also, the bondo is not green at all, the paste is grey and the activator/hardener is red.

I was thinking about getting a cheap wood rasp to cut down the bondo, then sand it when it's mostly level.

I'll try to get something done, I was hoping to have this all done by today, so I could help a friend with his system this weekend.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Over 2k views and five pages! Here's you reward! PIX of today's progress. It's all coming together. Only 13 pix today, but it's a lot of firsts for me.

Stapled the main face and bottom...

IMG_0001_zps43946543.jpg

IMG_0002_zps37820745.jpg

flip it up and prep for the sticky.

IMG_0003_zpsc3053d99.jpg

So is started with the brush and concluded that it would be far too slow to do it all at once, so...

IMG_0005_zps81e954b4.jpg

Grabbed this.

IMG_0004_zps9e534ad5.jpg

Much faster

IMG_0006_zps0f675011.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsd3edea89.jpg

Yeah that looks like air bubbles, but it's not all done yet.

IMG_0008_zps9bfc51c8.jpg

IMG_0009_zpscbc7216c.jpg

Yeeeeee!

IMG_0010_zps68bfdbaa.jpg

I had to move very fast to get it all in one go, so I only managed to grab this single pix WHILE I SPRAYED!! BOSS!

IMG_0012_zps64d40105.jpg

So I had to pack everything up very quickly, we had a meeting at some place, so I kinda threw all my stuff in, couldn't grab another pic while it was still light out. here's a large pic from inside, it looks great! Sorry that it's a little blurry, I hate this camera with a passion, I really do.

IMG_0013_zps177afb27.jpg

That's all for tonight, I'll have a lot more stuff to do tomorrow, I have a friend coming over for some work, and by next weekend, he will have some awesome new products being installed very soon.

If you have even the slightest advice or critique, please let me know! I'd like to know what you think.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

I'm not sure what to do with the port, I don't want to put the vinyl in it, it'll just be a pain and the inside is all white(ish) while the rest of the box is very light grey and grey. Rattle can it gray? I don't want to drop money on a can of paint, especially since I couldn't clean my spray gun very well, I literally dumped water in it and sprayed it all out to clean the inside, and that's it, so it might be gummed up.

I never used a spray gun before, and yesterday was my first time using adhesive like that and also Bondo. I've also never bent metal to a specific shape either, so in the past few days I think I've done very well for no one showing me anything at all. Most of what I learned is from this forum or videos. I intend to experiment with soldering terminals sometime soon as well, so when that buddy I mentioned gets his wire in, I'll at least have a general idea of what to do. (I'm thinking of holding the lug in the vice and while the solder is still liquid to crimp it with the vice as well, ensuring the best connection possible. I'll get pix of it, you'll see what I mean.)

Here's my latest build.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay got the steering column fixed, I hope to god I never have to do that again! I hate those steering columns, I spent two days trying to pry the wheel itself off, I refused to buy a puller, and I used a 4 ton bottle jack that would only work at a certain angle with some tow straps and 2x4s, I snapped the straps and after the biggest fit of swearing and shouting I've had in a while, I finally gave in and bought a puller.

Here's the punch line. IT POPS RIGHT OF LIKE IT WAS LAYING THERE! :angry22::angry22::angry22: I swear I turned angry green for a minute or two.

Then putting it back together was a total bish as well, it's a greasy puzzle.

But I finally got it all done for 35$ vs 160 for a shop. And I didn't break a thing either, that's a plus. :finger:

So the truck is now all sticker-ed up and running like a top. I now have no excuse to get the box finished and wreck some windows at the local pawnshop.

So tonight I dragged the box in my room and threw it on my bed so something would have to be done about it.

Finally cutting the Vinyl.

IMG_0014_zps95a5f5e3.jpg

I'm not sure if I can double up the Weather stripping here, what do you think?

IMG_0015_zpse4b224cb.jpg

Here's a close up.

IMG_0016_zps2444d7af.jpg

I will post more later, maybe tonight or tomorrow, but I definitely will be giving the guys at Big Daddy's a demo.

I can't wait to see Nick's face when it gets that 23hz going. :dancing: I'll work on bolting it down as well, I have one idea I'd like to try.

Here's my latest build.

For your spray gun, you need to get some paint thinner or mineral spirits, you should clean the gun after every use to prevent build-up, if it is built up, you may have to disassemble it and clean the parts individually.

Very nice vinyl work though!!!

The system is coming along quite nicely.

2003 Chevy blazer 4x2, it has a tape deck.

1999 Acura integra, whats a radio?

1983 kawasaki kl250R bobber, my phone is almost loud enough.

Archived