Street Outlaws ( OK vs Cali )

Oh god that show is scripted as fuck. Those cars are not street cars like everyone says. Not even "pro street", Full on drag cars.

Truthsayer, When someone is stating how much different a 1/8 vs 1/4 to the whole mic in the port example, Don't turn it into how the guys from cali are whining, He made a very good point that can't be denied lol

Oh god that show is scripted as fuck. Those cars are not street cars like everyone says. Not even "pro street", Full on drag cars.

Truthsayer, When someone is stating how much different a 1/8 vs 1/4 to the whole mic in the port example, Don't turn it into how the guys from cali are whining, He made a very good point that can't be denied lol

Sorry i must disagree. The whole point is, when two competitors agree to the stipulations of a competition and no matter the rules of the competition they have agreed. And then the loser cries and whines making all these excuses, and it becomes an argument. Well that's just horseshit and their's no need to compete. This was their second time running against each other and the results where the same. And i didn't care who won really, but dam, to keep whining about loosing is just ridiculous and seems to be a common thing with some of the youth today.

truthsayer

Miguels, I think the point is still being missed. It doesn't matter which cars and what match ups. Both sides agreed to the race, that should be the end of discussion. And im not to sure exactly, but the second match up against Ok vs Cali was a 1/4 mile race. Also if you had watched 2 or 3 weeks ago they challenged the top two track cars in the country and one those races also. Although even chief didn't think they would win, but they did. But those guys had class and their wasn;t one complaint. They only asked for a rematch in the future. And all cities and states have their fast cars i agree with you on that. But if you watched the episode Cali said they were bring their best. And even if it wasn't fastest cars, the races were set and the results speak for themselves. As to whether Oklahoma is the fastest street races in the country or not. Well neither you or i can say, unless we have one of the fastest to compete against them. Myself i know their is no way i need to go that fast to find out. Think of the dream audio system you could build for the cost of them cars. LOL

truthsayer

Here's some food for thought If these guys really were underground street racers, would they really want to film a reality show that documents all their illegal activities? Don’t you think the real cops would take some interest in all that?

Just google if the show is real, you will find out its scripted like ever other reality show is.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

This comes from the discovery channel's website, Let's squash all this now. I know all the racers in the show and was there for almost all the filmings and interviews. The show is real to an exstent. All the cars on the show are street legal, turn signals, insurance and licence plates also most of them do drive them on the road from time to time but no they are not practical for everyday driving. When they do race yes they are trailered and for anyone who doesn't know any better here's why: 1. Again not very street practical 2. Gas mileage isn't even a term used with these cars so driving from spot to spot to race would take to long because of having to fill up 3. If your car is on the trailer it isn't street racing at the time so the cops would be hard pressed to cite you. All the arguments are real i can assure you of that, no scripting there. These guys take the racing and their cars very seriously, and their pranks are real to. The main racing is on an controlled street with medics, lights and blockades so anyone saying the show is not safe for other people on the road can eat their words. The show is trying to bring an underground world to life which I think there doing a really good job. These guys do spend thousands of dollars building, modifing, racing and anything else you can think of that would keep these cars going fast. O and one final thing, these guys doing go to the track almost every weekend.

truthsayer

so why didnt the producers allowed the real fast cars to race.. to my understanding they only allowed the cars with street tires and all OK cars had big tires and tubed

So all the big talk and hype about OKC coming out to California to race actually happened. The producers (of Discovery channels "Street outlaws" which depicts the OKC guys in having the fasted "Street cars" in the good ol' US of A) hand picked the cars of California and matched them to the OKC cars. Now when I was out at the actual event all the OKC guys were tubbed out on Big tire compared to California's small tire car (2 California cars were on big tire) take in mind these cars were chosen by producers. Two high 7 sec 1/4 California cars were not allowed to race that night because the producers didn't know the full specs and times of the cars. Im not making excuses be seems a little unfair, either way California was drug across that 1/8 track losing everyone of their 6 races.
Each race team was only allowed x amount of people, so the rest of "us" had to watch from the desert which wasn't bad, I eventually snuck onto the street they were filming. All I have are 5 short videos on my Instagram account and attached a link of one of the local channels on here. Enjoy
still if they knew it was unfair why not walk away?
the argument here is about the show being script.. they are hand picking slower cars to make them look good.. it has nothing to do with who won we just derailed it

where only just finished session 1 down here on decovery ch

the cars look quick as hell but not so street able,

down here a street car is just that, one you drive there and drive home,(with the exemption or dropping the pipes and tyres)

and wife's daily drive is 480kw 630hp (fly) from the factory running >12sec 1/4 passes and drives to supermarket everyday (12.3 for the 430kw verson)

and the ford g6 with a few mods in running flat 10's (less then 5k spent on stock car), (full exhaust, race tyres rear only and no gas)

that is what i call a fast street car not a 5 or 6 sec race car driven on the street, trailered to a road

where only just finished session 1 down here on decovery ch

the cars look quick as hell but not so street able,

down here a street car is just that, one you drive there and drive home,(with the exemption or dropping the pipes and tyres)

and wife's daily drive is 480kw 630hp (fly) from the factory running >12sec 1/4 passes and drives to supermarket everyday (12.3 for the 430kw verson)

and the ford g6 with a few mods in running flat 10's (less then 5k spent on stock car), (full exhaust, race tyres rear only and no gas)

that is what i call a fast street car not a 5 or 6 sec race car driven on the street, trailered to a road

Archived