Scion xB front stage

bushroot

Damn that sucks when you feel like your going backwards. Everything looks good so far so keep it up.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Looking good! I just re-did one of my amp racks that is under my front seat last weekend. Still so much more to do though. It never ends!

Thanks for the positive support! I think I'm going to use a piece of aluminum channel to tie the wood to the plastic door panel, then spray foam. Once the foam sets up, I'll sand it to the contour of the door, coat with resin, then decide whether I'm going with vinyl again or truck bed liner. I honestly think the truck bed liner will match the finish of the door better and probably hold up better.

I'm thinking I'll need to bend a piece of steel to connect the box to the underside of the arm rest mount. That should be all the support I need. I was so close the other day to just running sheet metal screws through the thing. Absolutely not my style, but I was so sick of trying to make it fit... In the end, it'll work out fine, I've just never done this before. The extent of my previous installs was a prefab box and some mounting flanges for components. This is so far out of my comfort zone.

With the high output alternator installed, my voltage sits at a steady 13.8. It used to be 14.0. The voltage is controlled by the ECM, so I may trick the regulation circuit by installing a diode in the voltage sense line. A silicon diode provides a voltage drop of .7v. If I put one in-line with the regulation circuit, the ECM should see 13.1 and attempt to raise it .7v, which would put me at 14.5v or so. I see that a company sells this exact item for the low, low price of $35. $0.50 part and some heat shrink will probably be a little cheaper methinks.

I brought a nice selection of carbide burrs home from work. I'm going to go to town on these enclosures until I can get the nuts started. I didn't realize what a pain my design would be. The nuts mount from the inside of the speaker mount. It keeps the enclosure sealed, but I only left 3/4" to insert the nut into. I could also try a zinc plated nut instead of the stainless ones I'm using. That way I could fish it into place with a magnet and once I get it to spin on a little, I'd be golden.

I'm not willing to give up on running these drivers in the doors sealed. If any of you have heard the speed and accuracy of an Exodus Anarchy in a sealed enclosure, you'll understand.

Awesome setup

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

It's cold and rainy where I had planned on camping this week, so I just stayed home and finished my install. I have some things to clean up and an issue with the 12v power supply to charge the tablet, but it runs and it's pretty damn loud. I'm uploading videos right now. I'll post them as soon as they're up.

Archived