voltage question.

so 2 nights ago i left class and was palying my music, noticed it was not playing as low as it usually did. so i look at my volt gauge and it read 11.7. the battery light would come on below 2 thousand rpms. so when i got home i disconnected my amp which is a hifonics brutus brz 1700.1. than ran it the next day and it was about the same. till aftter class i was up to about 12.7. then i drove to work to day it was abou 12.7 then when i left work it was 13.5. i am thinking that the voltage regulator on the alternator is going bad. the amp is still disconnected till today.

Alternator: 80 amp stock

big 3 this done

what do you guys think?

First place I would check is to make sure all your connections are secure then have your battery load tested. You could have a bad cell if its not that then have the alternator checked.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Could be the alt, from my understanding when diodes start going out on an alt the voltage can change frequently. Belt slip under load our maybe some how got oil on the belt.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

well I got called in to work and noticed when I got there I smelt a burning smell. so I Parker the car and found that the wire I upgrade from the salt to Tue 300 amp fuse was starting to smoke. luckily did not rip out my stock wiring and put it back in place. now my voltage is charging at 14.4. so it was not the voltage regulator.

Always leave the stock wires intact and connected.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Fuse starting to blow? Which wire was fused and where was it going?

the wire that was melted. was attached to the alternator. going to the fuse block. then into the factory fuse block and then into the battery. i have yet to check the fuse. the alternator is stock is a 80 amp alternator. i have 300 amp fuse before the stock 100 amp in the factory fuse block.

Archived