3sixty.3 question. Need some help

So ive set up my 3sixty.3 and it seems to work fine up to a certain point.

Its in a 2010 mazda 3 using the stock head unit. The 360 finds the max volume at 53 out of 63, and everything seems to work very well whilst it is still hooked up the the laptop and the software is open, but once i disconnect the usb i can only turn up the head unit to 34-36 and it starts cutting out. Ive noticed it does it more in bassier songs but i doesnt help if i turn down the bass and midbass settings. There are no subs connected at the moment just a 3 wat front door setup.

Anyone seen anything like this happen before???

Ive tried setting up the 360 with the max volume on the Headunit at about 32 but at that level i get alot of noise in the system. Cant seem to get around it.

Spent last night fiddling with it, adjusting amp gains and 360 input gains but cant seem to get it to work properly.

Reinstalled the latest software and reflashed the unit with new firmware. Still no change.

Hope someone on here can give me some advise.

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3

Front stage - 2 x RF P2 8" midbass 6 x jl audio c5-650 mids 4 x Hertz HT28 Tweeters

JL audio 300/4 amp

Rockford Fosgate 800-4AD amp

2 x MTX 9512-44 Subs

2 x MTX 81001 mono amps

2 x Optima D34 Yellowtop

Stinger HPM 0 Gauge

Well Franky, you're not alone. I have, I kid you not, identical issue with just different volume numbers. (I don't have a mazda. I have a chevy)

Shop install and rather than doing what I've suggested...3 times now... of taking out the 360 and trying another one or just another converter to see if it is the 360, they're more focused on proving that i'm fucking nuts. I kid you not.

I'm not sure where you're at (USA, AUS, UK, etc), but look up eminem's newest cd. Get ahold of track #15. Play it. Does it cut out then? I'm only asking cause that's my #1 song where it does it (I don't mean it's my favorite song, I just mean that the cutting out is most frequent and often on that song versus any other song, so I think). And that song? Doesn't have much bass. Hell, his entire album doesn't have much bass haha. But still a great album, for sure.

I've found volume 18 for me is safe, have not heard it cut out even once on that volume on any song or any source (bluetooth, cd, usb, radio). Without fail, volume 28 (max is around 45 I think, NEVER gone that high so not entirely sure) will get it to cut out during that song. I've been driving and even volume 21 will cut out on that song. But yet, listen to decaf, bassy songs, no issues. Even on volume 22. But higher I go? Like 28... then issues.

Although another issue of mine is sometimes, won't turn on. start the car and no 360. No lights on the knob. So I am wondering/curious if all it is...is a short. (Another reason why I've suggested to the shop to take out the 360 and try another or another converter). Might have a short that can't handle the signal at high volume.

Shop is gonna try again to fix and I'm confident they won't. But then I have another place willing to help and actually listen to me so this weekend, should be fixed. Even if it's using another 360 (already ordered, received, etc). I'll make sure to report back with what I've found... Might be just an issue with the 360 and need a new one. Literally. (As long as you bought from a RF authorized dealer, can return without question obviously so not like gotta go spend money for another one)

Sheena = pedobear

So im not crazy. Thanks for the post. Ill try out that song and see what happens.

The only other thing i could think of was that the actual head unit had another clipping point in it

Front stage - 2 x RF P2 8" midbass 6 x jl audio c5-650 mids 4 x Hertz HT28 Tweeters

JL audio 300/4 amp

2 x MTX 9512-44 Subs

2 x MTX 81001 mono amps

2 x Optima D34 Yellowtop

Stinger HPM 0 Gauge

So im not crazy. Thanks for the post. Ill try out that song and see what happens.

The only other thing i could think of was that the actual head unit had another clipping point in it

JL audio 300/4 amp

2 x MTX 9512-44 Subs

2 x MTX 81001 mono amps

2 x Optima D34 Yellowtop

Stinger HPM 0 Gauge

I doubt that it has a clipping point as i got a sound package (didn't want but came with, whatever) and i could turn it up to like 35 with no issues. sure, didn't test it with a dd-1 or whatnot, but, i can't see, at least in my setup, 18 being the last clean point before clipping when max volume is probably around 45. if that's the case, shitty ass head unit that I can't replace (too new of car and all that jazz)

edit- and by clipping point, i'm sure yea, mine and yours has a clipping point... but i don't see that clipping point being so low. I mean for me, 18 out of like 45 then clips? yours being like 34 out of 53? Usually if max volume is like 50, clipping will be near there... 45 or something.

Sheena = pedobear

:23, :43, :51...

no dimming lights, no voltage drop (of the severe kind, as lowest I have ever EVER seen is 13.1), not skipping as that's USB.

(tis the song i'm talkin about). doesn't do it til 1:14 or so. see how much my voltage dropped? lol.

So yep, definitely know what you mean. Working on the issue... not sure if just bad 360 or bad install or what. hopefully figure it out this weekend.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived