Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

opinion on trade offer.


Mikesmith0890

Subs  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. which would you choose?

    • keep single btl n2 12
      9
    • take the trade for 3 sa8s
      2
    • take the trade and add another 8
      5


Recommended Posts

Posted

See this is why vs threads arent allowed. An n2 is a far superior woofer to an sa if you want to compare head to head. it handles more power. Its made in the usa. One would require a smaller box than 4 8s for the same output. Which he stated is a priority. Im also not a fan of moving on a woofer deal that someone is very anxious to move. Especially when there its a model thats a few years old at this point and they just blew out b stocks on them not too long ago.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

^^ some good points

if I would have known space was an issue before I voted I would have voted to keep what you have.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

See this is why vs threads arent allowed. An n2 is a far superior woofer to an sa if you want to compare head to head. it handles more power. Its made in the usa. One would require a smaller box than 4 8s for the same output. Which he stated is a priority. Im also not a fan of moving on a woofer deal that someone is very anxious to move. Especially when there its a model thats a few years old at this point and they just blew out b stocks on them not too long ago.

Nate FTW.... well that pretty muck ends this thread. All really good points, and he even mentioned the made in USA someone was going to say.

Posted

I had 2 SA-8s in a simple ported enclosure, and they sounded good and got pretty low. I think they'd need a little more power than that crunch amp though.

The crunch does well over 3000 RMS, you realize that right?

See this is why vs threads arent allowed. An n2 is a far superior woofer to an sa if you want to compare head to head. it handles more power. Its made in the usa. One would require a smaller box than 4 8s for the same output. Which he stated is a priority. Im also not a fan of moving on a woofer deal that someone is very anxious to move. Especially when there its a model thats a few years old at this point and they just blew out b stocks on them not too long ago.

I knew it could very easily become a vs thread, I tried unsuccessfully to allow it be very objective and to the point since my knowledge of sundown subs particularly the sa8s is very limited only coming from the interwebz, i apologize that it did.

The btl hasn't seen full power, because I won't risk it without the alternator first, you are right that I need to give it full power before making decisions. If its anything compared to the older striple stack btls, I at least know first hand of what it is capable of.

Thanks again for the opinions and facts as well. Sometimes it easier to have someone else confirm or disconfirm your thoughts before making a decision.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

^^ some good points

if I would have known space was an issue before I voted I would have voted to keep what you have.

Thanks.

If space wasn't an issue, the trunk would be well used with two twelves and moar powaahhh haha. But I drive out of state a lot and sometimes need that trunk space if I run out in the back seats.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

"The crunch does well over 3000 RMS, you realize that right?"

Well I did a direct comparison with one and my dc2k, and my 2k put out a whole lot more clean power and was much louder to the ear. So what I realize is what's in my experience. Sorry to have offended you, best of luck with your system, bud.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1727 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...