Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

opinion on trade offer.


Mikesmith0890

Subs  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. which would you choose?

    • keep single btl n2 12
      9
    • take the trade for 3 sa8s
      2
    • take the trade and add another 8
      5


Recommended Posts

Posted

As listed in the for sale section, I have a 12" BTL N2. I've been offered a trade for it, 3 sa8s v1.5. What are your personal thoughts on the trade? Buying another sa8 would be an option to make it 4 total. Vehicle is a 2007 civic si sedan. Would like to retain as much trunk as possible and be loud as possible. Listening to mainly rap and country. The 12 fits well space wise.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

cone area for the win!

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I wouldn't trade regardless of how much cone area you gain. I feel like the btl n2 is a much better woofer than sa 8s

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Only missing link is the alternator. Which is coming soon. Xs d3400 in rear, plan on changing front yellow top to another d3400. 2 runs 1/0 and big 3 done. Amp is a crunch ground pounder 3k.

So I have the power for either setup. Just unsure as to which would be the preferred option.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

Thanks for the opinion Nate. The sa8s would gain more cone area but at the expense of a bigger box. With having no experience with the sa8s I'm just not sure which is better. Your thoughts are helpful. Do you think the n2 would overall play louder and lower, or at least be more reliable? I enjoy the n2 on all of the maybe 800 watts it sees currently

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Posted

Give it rated and wake it up. The sa8s are an ok woofer but if you are trying to conserve trunk space that box is going to be a good bit bigger then. I don't think you'll be any louder with the 8s.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I had 2 SA-8s in a simple ported enclosure, and they sounded good and got pretty low. I think they'd need a little more power than that crunch amp though.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Posted

I had 2 SA-8s in a simple ported enclosure, and they sounded good and got pretty low. I think they'd need a little more power than that crunch amp though.

I ran my pair of SA8v1.5s on a Rockford T1500-1bdCP. They took it for like a year and a half all day every day, until I sold the setup. They sure take power. Do they need the power though? Ehh..

But OP, if I were you.. Id keep the BTL and treat her right (bigger/better amp) with electrical upgrades obviously.

Good luck with whatever route you go with.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

I wouldn't trade regardless of how much cone area you gain. I feel like the btl n2 is a much better woofer than sa 8s

Better woofer in what way? Quality, sound, power handling?

TDH FTW !!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1727 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...