Cj Kumz Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 Thanks alot guys. Will be building a box soon for my SPL Dynamics sub.(http://www.spldynamics.fi/products/subwoofers/SPL-series/spl-380d1a-e.html). And want maximum output. I wanna go loud but still maintain the deep bass. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Smoove Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 Wasn't complaining about space. Using it to make a point. I'm sure my build is gonna pound so I'm not worried. And just to throw this out there. I have seen a vid of a guy with 4 15" Sq level subs on a single 2500bdcp with 1/5 the cone area of port. It did a 152 in an SUV.Tony D is coming out with the AMM-1. build a test box and use the tool to find the best range for your box. and here is one more port calc using Xmax http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Krakin Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 Wasn't complaining about space. Using it to make a point. I'm sure my build is gonna pound so I'm not worried. And just to throw this out there. I have seen a vid of a guy with 4 15" Sq level subs on a single 2500bdcp with 1/5 the cone area of port. It did a 152 in an SUV. Tony D is coming out with the AMM-1. build a test box and use the tool to find the best range for your box. I wasn't intending to come off as I was attacking what you were saying either lol. I was just trying to build off of it, no harm coming from this end. Also about the SPL of it all, Bkolfo4 had posted quite a few people that have gotten very impressing scores with little ports. The only thing is it won't be pretty to listen to. I would try to find them all, but I gotta finish spark noting this book I didn't read. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 And just to throw this out there. I have seen a vid of a guy with 4 15" Sq level subs on a single 2500bdcp with 1/5 the cone area of port. It did a 152 in an SUV. I'm not trying to pick on you but it's stuff like this that I think leads people to the wrong conclusion sometimes. I see lots of posts on here where people will say stuff like "I know a guy that did X (insert some design decision here) with his box and scored Y (insert an impressive number here) so thus X is good. The problem is good compared to what? What if the person in the vid you saw would have 1/3 the cone area for port? Would it have done better? Worse? We don't know, so we don't know if the amount of port area he was using was good for what he was trying to do or not. I'd like to see more stuff where people say my box scored X, but then I changed this one thing Y (port size, port tuning, net volume, etc.) and then I scored Z. Then we could at least draw some conclusions about what parameter of the box is better than something else. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Smoove Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 And the guy who did a 152 with a small port is our car audio hero Tony D who is an SQ guy. So I'm sure it sounded good. The vid is on his FB somewhere. No offense taken. Just remember there are a shit ton of rules to box building and amp power is also a factor. And Yes I need an AMM-1 , not trying to sales pitch it at all. I just know I wanna see what it says about my setup when it's done. And triticum. noit trying to lead anyone one the wrong way. I really want people to do some research before they build or hit up someone like JoeX or Ram-designs if they wont do any research. yes there are other good box designers out there. those just came to mind first. And my bad for not mentioning you. You box design in your sig. I will never state random people on numbers, but when Tony posted his number I was like damn. I didnt know his line of subs would do that on a single 2500bdcp. And we never answered the op's question. There lower the port area , the better chance you have at port noise. Port noise sucks if you have ever heard it. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Krakin Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 I did too answer it lol Look at the first reply.. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Cj Kumz Posted January 21, 2014 Author Report Posted January 21, 2014 Krakin thanks alot. I seem to be understanding slowly. You should help me design an enclosure for my sub Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Krakin Posted January 21, 2014 Report Posted January 21, 2014 Krakin thanks alot. I seem to be understanding slowly. You should help me design an enclosure for my sub I will if I can in my spare time, still in high school , but just shoot me a pm on here any time you want. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.