LoudBimmer Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 I'm also looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-Stampede-XL-5-2-4GHZ-RTR-Red-36054-NIB-/390606446174?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item5af1f55e5e
donovanl12 Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 Just bought new batteries for my old Rustler XL-5 today. There's a park not far from me with two RC tracks, an RC airstrip, and RC boat lake.
hammiethebasshead Posted January 22, 2014 Author Report Posted January 22, 2014 Bimmer, the stampede should be pretty good but ill let one of the electric guys give their input since i just know mostly about nitro once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
rockFord_Expedition Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 I've got 2 revos. Both the 3.3 but different models. Anyone have a link for a brushless conversion? Meaning what parts you need and everything. I would imagine you need a different chassis to accommodate dual lipos etc. Thinking about coverting one. Also have a rustler vxl that I gave to my younger brother in law. Thing is pretty bad ass. Even off of 8.4V nimh it is quicker than my revos. Tossing around the idea of getting a Savage Flux HP and doing the XL mods to it. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
dangaranga Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 I have many r/c's but here is my latest project. I am making a plastic injection mold to make front control arms for my team associated b4 buggy what im using for reference Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
hammiethebasshead Posted January 22, 2014 Author Report Posted January 22, 2014 dude thats pretty sweet. i wish i had the skills to do something like that i would never have to wait around on ups or usps for parts once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
hammiethebasshead Posted January 22, 2014 Author Report Posted January 22, 2014 here's my little rs4 evo. excuse the dirt she has had quite a bit of use since the last time she was cleaned and the use was more of a rally style running than anything (grass, dirt, gravel, and asphalt) once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Robert8252 Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 I've got 2 revos. Both the 3.3 but different models. Anyone have a link for a brushless conversion? Meaning what parts you need and everything. I would imagine you need a different chassis to accommodate dual lipos etc. Thinking about coverting one. Also have a rustler vxl that I gave to my younger brother in law. Thing is pretty bad ass. Even off of 8.4V nimh it is quicker than my revos. Tossing around the idea of getting a Savage Flux HP and doing the XL mods to it. You would need the electric chassis, electric transmission, drivetrain parts, then the motor system. It definetley cheaper than buying a new one, my brother turned a t-maxx into an e-maxx but it cost him about 100-150 in parts plus the motor system. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
tacomaguy1 Posted January 22, 2014 Report Posted January 22, 2014 Yeah not nitro but here's what my brushless x1-crt looked like Yes, the motor mounts bent in the 2nd pic I drove it hard lol Team Flex Issues
REVOofRustler Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 I've got 2 revos. Both the 3.3 but different models. Anyone have a link for a brushless conversion? Meaning what parts you need and everything. I would imagine you need a different chassis to accommodate dual lipos etc. Thinking about coverting one. Also have a rustler vxl that I gave to my younger brother in law. Thing is pretty bad ass. Even off of 8.4V nimh it is quicker than my revos. Tossing around the idea of getting a Savage Flux HP and doing the XL mods to it. I just got everything I needed to convert it to an E REVO Brushless edition. So I got the chassis, transmission, diffs, center drivelines, miscellaneous little parts and then the electronics. It ended up costing me about 500, but I also needed to get all the electronics, not just the Mamba Monster kit. Halfway through my conversion, I found dollarhobbyz.com which is like a chop shop for RC Cars and you can save a lot of money through them. All the stuff you get through them is still new, just unpackaged pretty much. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.