The dumbest thing you've ever done while working on your vehicle?

Once I was installing my system back in my car and I had wired the amp and rear fuse before I put it in. When I finished I connected the main wire to the battery and got a big spark. I thought it was because of the fuse so I removed it and connected the wire before the fuse and when I inserted the fuse it started to arc like crazy and It lasted for a couple of seconds. I finally removed the fuse and some of it melted. When I checked the amp I had positive and ground mixed up. Luckily none of my equipment got damaged or the car got burned.

I also left a 5 lb hammer in a box once. Didn't find it til i pulled the woofers to sell

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh God, where to start. I've pierced my gas line. I've pulled a bare power terminal through the firewall with a fuse in and the car on. I've arched a battery with a wrench. I've connected ground to power and power to ground. I've wired to a 0.5 ohm. LOL. ETC....

I blame most of my mess-ups to alcohol and marijuana though, and the occasional bit of frustration that gets to me.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Yesterday I put subs in and I hooked up the amp and drilled the subs in, went up front to turn the car on to see if the subs were working and when I turned the pac lc1 up I got nothing so I'm like wtf... I forgot to wire the subs lol I do little shit like that everyday but I haven't had anything crazy happen yet

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

i wired a soundstream (ssl) didn't know any better at the time wired it to .5 went for a few seconds then protected

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Left my soldering iron on the other day when it was getting dark. Went to sit down on the concrete and didn't realize where I had left it… All my body weight that was on one hand transferred to the end of a soldering iron… yeah that didn't feel good.

How it looked right after I burned it:

20140120_175206.jpg

How it looked 30 minutes later:

20140120_211428.jpg

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

About 280 full moons ago/1990-ish) i got tired of my 1980 toyota

20R truck always blowing the fuses under the dash,so what was a 18yr old to do? Roll the blown fuses up in tin foil and pop 'em back in there!!..needless to say,fast forward a month i had no electrical use of anything including no no wipers/dash lights heater accec etc.

Not me personally, because I have always thought people are complete idiots to be crawling under a vehicle with no jackstands under it and only raised up due to the hydraulics, but watched a local dude who is full of himself crawl under his hopper and the hose in the rear blew.....whole cars weight came falling down on his chest. He ended up in the hospital for a few days. A lot of weight landing on your chest....no thank you.

see thats what i love about the under car maintenance with hydros just lock that bitch up throw the stands under it and tap the switch a few times to dump it lol

b8426b6f-6b19-45b2-aa60-f898a05a3587_zps

88 ranger xlt ext cab

HU. jvc bluetooth/usb deck

mids/highs. 2 earthquake 5s. 2 earthquake 6s and 2 Cadence CVLT-60 tweets

subs. 2 Addictive audio V4 12s

SAZ3000D

SAX100.2

alt. 135 amp ford mustang

batt. deka G31 1131MF

box. 4 cubes 30-34hz

rims. black 13x7 100 spokes with chrome knock offs.

tires. 155/80r13.milestar touring se

real billet grille not a bolt on.

HYDROS FINISHED!!!!! 2 pumps 4 batts

I get fucked by this old guy at work all the time. MY ASS WILL FOREVER REPRODUCE THE LOWEST AUDIBLE SUB BASS FREQUENCIES KNOWN TO MAN!

just because we think it ugly and it sounds like a bucket of smashed assholes.

Hanes. And dried jizz. It's better than fatmat

Archived