thefourth Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 I feel for you, man. I agree the seller really is at fault Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
CleanSierra Posted January 26, 2014 Author Report Posted January 26, 2014 Hey Zach, thank you man. The guy got back in contact with me and is going to issue a $25 refund to cover the basket. I'm cool with that and will buy new. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CortezDTV Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 i have been through the claims process a few times with all the carriers. their jobs at the claims department is to save the company as much as possible, thus they will not pay you out if your stars arent alligned. i once had a brand new DD9512 dropped and basket was broke. box was rated for the weight, 2 inches of packing on each side of dense foam, you could see the indent on the inside. keep in mind the sub couldnt move in there either, which means the box took a huge fall, and they still said i didnt pack it well. i also have an account with them and ship tons and they still wanted to deny my claim. i fought with them for 5 months to finally get my reimbursement. they made no effort to call me at all. i had to do everything. go through my account manager. but ive also had the claim go through in 2 weeks and had the check on the 3rd week... fast check was for 100 5 month fight for 430 for recone and basket.. long story short you should be fine but if packing isnt good they are gunna try to deny it. and mostlikely will win. your best bet is to take it up with paypal if shipping claim doesnt go through. or contact seller directly and try to work it out with him. But what about thoes 2 ssd motor you shipped me?Both in the same flat rate one slugs all separated broke as fuck You pack shit well ya right SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
oldsoundguy Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 Hey Zach, thank you man. The guy got back in contact with me and is going to issue a $25 refund to cover the basket. I'm cool with that and will buy new. Great he manned up. Still sucks but at least your getting a new basket. I say that's all good. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
CleanSierra Posted January 26, 2014 Author Report Posted January 26, 2014 Yeah, the newer baskets have a nice spider pack as well..or something. I'm going out of what a few people are telling me. I just want to get these little monsters built and playing. I'm hoping to be competitive in S2 in MECA with little baby fuses. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Bump4life Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 i have been through the claims process a few times with all the carriers. their jobs at the claims department is to save the company as much as possible, thus they will not pay you out if your stars arent alligned. i once had a brand new DD9512 dropped and basket was broke. box was rated for the weight, 2 inches of packing on each side of dense foam, you could see the indent on the inside. keep in mind the sub couldnt move in there either, which means the box took a huge fall, and they still said i didnt pack it well. i also have an account with them and ship tons and they still wanted to deny my claim. i fought with them for 5 months to finally get my reimbursement. they made no effort to call me at all. i had to do everything. go through my account manager. but ive also had the claim go through in 2 weeks and had the check on the 3rd week... fast check was for 100 5 month fight for 430 for recone and basket.. long story short you should be fine but if packing isnt good they are gunna try to deny it. and mostlikely will win. your best bet is to take it up with paypal if shipping claim doesnt go through. or contact seller directly and try to work it out with him. But what about thoes 2 ssd motor you shipped me?Both in the same flat rate one slugs all separated broke as fuck You pack shit well ya right A lot has changed since then. I have learned from my mistakes and was not sure how the claims process worked. If you still have broken motor I will fix it or pay to h be it fixed. I was in a tight spot with cash and was going to college and didn't have time for anything. I thought we worked this out and you fixed it? But if you didn't I will want to fix it. If there was a sour taste left in your mouth from our transaction I would like to fix it. Pm me if there is anything I can do because I can assure you I don't conduct business that way anymore and always ship anything very well through my ups account. Have swordlordboy send you pictures of how his subs are packed when he gets them. I apologize for our past transaction but I was under the impression you were gunna glue it back together and shim it and it would be ok. My apologies. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
CleanSierra Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 So my recones and baskets came in today, woooot. The spiders are stiff as hell, you guys weren't joking when you said that SQ makes a stiff spider pack. I can't move them or bend then hardly at all with my hands. I'm thinking about doing a custom color on the baskets, what do you guys think? I'm going to invert one so it will be exposed ass out. Here is what SoundQubed sent me: They will be powered by this: Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted February 20, 2014 Author Report Posted February 20, 2014 I'm also in the lookout for a couple of carbon fiber dust caps. 5 1/8" is the stock size, but I believe it works accept up to a 7". A 5" or 6" would be preferred. Anyone know where to find them? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
mnrookie Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 http://www.wooferwarehouse.com/Subwoofer-Parts_c_124.html
thefourth Posted February 20, 2014 Report Posted February 20, 2014 Glad to see you got the situation taken care of man. I still feel for you on that deal though. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.