Second Skin Audio

Why do subwoofers cost so much?

P4killer_

I really fail to see why this thread exists. Take an econ class or at least look into what it takes to patent and sell anything in the U.S.

lol, this..

compared to other things on the market, car audio is mad cheap...

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

didn't read it all but figured I would ass in possible cost for building and or to sale the speakers.

for building

any waste product they can be charged to dispose + any usual trash

they could have a team of workers designing and building prototypes for a year or 2 that they have to replace the money for once the product is on sale

license and or random fees in order to produce/build certain items.

cant forget the cost of making the machines that build the materials they put together (im sure some stuff is hand made 100% but not all of it)

the maintenance of the machines

to sale the speaker

trash removal (trash adds up fast when doing bulk orders all the packing supply)

license/business certificate (which ever you would like to call it and from my understanding they only last for a certain amount of time)

advertisement/demo vehicles/display's (sure they can sell those used speakers later but they also have the material to build and the hours of making it)

if they do a lot of fabrication with fiberglass maybe waste removal fees (don't know laws on those products but every state will vary)

last but not least insurance on their workers for work related issues or if anything goes wrong with an install, got to have insurance on the building and its contents incase of fire/natural disaster or theft.

those are just some of the things I could think of I didn't see mentioned. as companies get better reputation their prices will go up do to popularity and cost of more advertisement in order to make sure they are reaching out to more and more customers. cant only advertise in say a 100mile radius. if you do that you will only reach out to the same people, you have to expand your advertisement out further to gain more customers.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yea I figured all that ya know rent over head etc. But at 14k profit per mo. In a years time you can double up etc. The cost goes down to 100 per unit because you order double you put a 10% more expenisve coil in it and charge 40% more for v2.

All im saying in short is: fair is fair, making money is making money.

But getting raped is still getting raped.

Why does the consumer have to get raped? It happens all the time people just dont see it and because johnny gets bent over a barrel and likes it then I will too? No.

Software is waaay dif. Rnd is very significant. 90% of woofer rnd is done. Period. You just select your options. If xompany x does actually innovate something new. Ok they have a right to charge more. But companies A B and C just xopy that stuff and charge more than company X.

Its a copy cat game. Anyone who doesnt see that isnt really looking.

you completely missed the point...

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

a brand new ps3 when they first came out cost $600 it only cost Sony $8 worth of product to build it! but it took them years of research and development to make them. they have to pay all those people pay for all the computers they used, pay to keep there lights on, then make a profit. same thing when you go to a bar. why Does a mixed drink cost so much? you get 2bucks worth of liquor but you pay $7.50 + a tip for it!

this goes for everything! i own a pizza shop, what i sell my product for is 300x what it cost me. that's the basics for any business. i still have the lowest prices in town some charge way more then me. but i sell allot so i can drop the prices.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

a brand new ps3 when they first came out cost $600 it only cost Sony $8 worth of product to build it! but it took them years of research and development to make them. they have to pay all those people pay for all the computers they used, pay to keep there lights on, then make a profit. same thing when you go to a bar. why Does a mixed drink cost so much? you get 2bucks worth of liquor but you pay $7.50 + a tip for it!

this goes for everything! i own a pizza shop, what i sell my product for is 300x what it cost me. that's the basics for any business. i still have the lowest prices in town some charge way more then me. but i sell allot so i can drop the prices.

Proof? Because to me it seems like you are very wrong.

(my proof: Link1 Link2, i can find some more but don't want to waste time)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Wow. Seems like op has very little business knowledge. Aside from that, if someone starts a company it wouldn't be to live off of Top Ramen and in a small modest home.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived