With the wall and batteries in my blazer, naturally.., it rides like complete shit and very low in the rear end. It will actually hit the bump stops sometimes on a speed bump.

I was thinking about getting an "add a leaf" kit and maybe some coilover/helper spings. Do you think this would help stiffen the rear and inprove the ride a bit? I can't afford bags so that's out of the question right now. Also, my truck is 4x4.

Any experiences? Good brands?

air shocks are really cheap and will help it sit level HOWEVER the places they bolt into are not made to be load bearing. I did add them to my Silverado for putting my Can-am in the box and they help it sit level, also, I as well added the "add a leaf" thing as well and to me it is worth it, the add a leaf is fairly cheap, easy to install and I CAN tell that it's in there. 800 lb. quad in the back and trucks sits level.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Ok, do you think I should go with a short or long add-a-leafs?

Also not sure on what size to get. Some are 2.36" wide and others are 2.5". Mine are 2 7/16" when I measured them.

I want to order some tonight.

Ok, do you think I should go with a short or long add-a-leafs?

Also not sure on what size to get. Some are 2.36" wide and others are 2.5". Mine are 2 7/16" when I measured them.

I want to order some tonight.

Not 100% sure either way but I would assume the 2.5" (which are closest to what you already have) would be stronger and more supportive anyway. Not sure about the short or long, you might have to google search a shit ton of reviews to get that question answered. Not sure which would be more effective...sorry

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'm just trying to picture where a long vs. a short would bolt to the existing leaf spring and so where it would get it's load bearing from. I am thinking the long would be more supportive because with a short you are leaving exposed the ends of the existing longest one thus making them single leafed and weak whereas the long after market would utilize the tension all across the stock long one at the same time utilizing the equivalent of the aftermarket long one, that's just kind of more of a guess.

Just making sure you know you will have to remove your U-bolts and *possibly* replace them etc. etc. along with some other removal and other steps and shizz?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

My blazer came with (luckily) a overload bump type stop. Im running RIGHT down on em..

IMG_0277_zps970148ab.jpg

Fukin' LOL. Damn. Mine are almost touching also. I am actually considering an air bag kit if I can find one under 200. Just one where i set the pressure with a shop compressor and leave em'. I'm not very confident with suspension. lol

I had support air bags in a Astro van due to the large stereo and loved them, onboard compressor etc. It's nice to have a gauge though. Hopefully they won't leak over time but they very well could. I had each side separate and a gauge for each side. Plus the ride with the air bags as great, soft and nice! more installation with the air bags though IMO. The add-a-leaf though is pretty much install it and never think about it again, where as the bags there is greater potential to have something happen down the line, although I have had good luck and never had any issues with air bags or air shocks themselves. $.02

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived