Twaz18 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Hi, guy I'm very new to this site, and pretty new to all of this car audio stuff. So i'm looking for some help out there, from you guys! Ok I have a Crescendo BC2000D amp, and I have 2 Kicker comp R's that say they are able to handle up to 800 rms each? I just want to know if this is a good set up or will this amp that i have blow those subs? I will be putting them into a Dodge ram 1500, and hopefully run them at 1 ohm. Any help will be appreciated!
Joe X Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Welcome, curious on how did you end up with a bc2000 and 2 compR's.
ojm214 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 I have those subs as well with a hifonics 2000w and they sound nice. I have them at 2 ohm so that would be like 1600w rms. They sound nice but never thought about pushing them with 2000w. I think I'm going to try that soon
zayres29 Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 if they are wired at 2ohm now they cant be wired at 1ohm.... ever Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Twaz18 Posted February 1, 2014 Author Report Posted February 1, 2014 I got the bc2000 off a good friend who didn't have anymore use out of it after he blow his sub. And the 2 compr's were a gift. So if I run them at 2 ohm they could work and just not turn them all the way up?
Joe X Posted February 1, 2014 Report Posted February 1, 2014 Sure just set your gains low, use your subsonic filter, and check and upgrade your electrical system, they can work nice with the amp.
john253a Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 The size and way you build your box will also assist in overpowering
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.