Washboard gravel roads vs stock suspension

hey guys i was wondering what type of suspension would be best for hardcore washboard roads some are like small slopes my shocks have been replaced twice in the past year because my work is all on back country roads worn out bad from all the oil tanker traffic get really bad i have a 2003 tahoe z71 and want it to ride like a caddy but not sure if thats possible on these roads any advice helps thanks

• 2 weeks later...

you said you replaced them 2 times in the last year? what brand. some brands are just junk and cant handle back roads. got to spend that money to get the quality that will handle the bad roads.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

8psi and below is when u should become concerned! Ull need bead locks for that!! 10-12psi is a bit low but doable with stock rims as long as your not traviling above 10-15 mph! Ull notice a huge difference from 20psi and 10psi!! 20psi is a bit high still and will still be stiff ride! Run 12-14psi if u don't feel ok with 10

And to do sharp turns very fast it will break the bead of the tire to the rim

Yeah gas would suffer, and I would never drive on normal roads with that low of a psi! Ull be all over the road and feel like ur floating and the tires can't be driven past 10-15mph at that psi! That's why I said he's gunna need a pump to inflate the tire before heading back onto the street

Yeah gas would suffer, and I would never drive on normal roads with that low of a psi! Ull be all over the road and feel like ur floating and the tires can't be driven past 10-15mph at that psi! That's why I said he's gunna need a pump to inflate the tire before heading back onto the street

If you get a car pump, get a good one, I got a cheap one ant it takes 15 mins to pump tires from 25-32psi... joke

Archived