Second Skin Audio

Can i make this enclosure better? Help?

bcbrassard

1.5cuft per is small for ported. a single 15 ported would do good in 3-4cuft tuned around 35 hz. a single 8" aero port would look nasty and give you roughly 50" of port.

for the power wire why not take the trim off and run it behind the trim so that you can make the angle of the box match the seat completely? would make it easier to seal off and gain output and sq. read a lot about less rattles for sealed trunks.

your welcome for the help, its Rockford and your from Alaska so I have to help lol.

I Have RCAs runing thru there in the corners as well and trying to keep power away from signal wires. And now that everything is cut i dont have a lot of wiggle room to move stuff. But i could look in to somthing better.

You think a 15 at 1 ohm in that configuration would be louder & cleaner than 2 12s?

Precision Ports calculator say a 8" port would have to be 37" long to be tuned @ 32 Hz. Where would i put that? lol Building the wedge shape box i can build out side the car and put it in the trunk. Anything else will have to be build in trunk. Not really excited about that option.

2 12s in that small of a ported box wont work out so you would have to do sealed in such a small box. a single 15 in tuned to around 33-35hz with a nice flat freq response would give you more output then 2 12s sealed.

most rca's are shielded and the new tech in amps really reduce the chance of interference from the wires being next to each other. better safe then sorry imo. maybe rather then running the wires around the box you can run them under the box. cut a grove in the sound deadener for the wire to sit in under the box and it wont make a difference of how the box sits in there because of how big and heavy it will be. then you could possibly cut it shorter.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

wow, I really didn't think in 8" port would have to be that long. maybe 2 6" ports instead.

never mind, they would need to be the same length.. a 35hz tuning though would need to be roughly 25" though. not like there is much room for that either.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

depth is the issue for the port, just not enough room to keep good airflow from being blocked. could try a 3-4cuft net with a slot port. would need the port to be around 3" x 16.5".

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

But with the sub behind the seat where would i port to? I am kind lock it sub location with amps mounted on the back. Kinda thinking 2 12s sealed might just be easiest at this point. I could put a divided wall between them or more bracing to lower the 1.53 cu ft. How would or would the tuning be when you seal them?

I don't know anything about a sealed box, I know that when the manufacture recommends a certain net volume that's what I use. hopefully joe will chime in again and shed some light on options.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

But with the sub behind the seat where would i port to? I am kind lock it sub location with amps mounted on the back. Kinda thinking 2 12s sealed might just be easiest at this point. I could put a divided wall between them or more bracing to lower the 1.53 cu ft. How would or would the tuning be when you seal them?

There is no port on sealed so there is no tuning, there's just the size of the box to control the response of a sealed box, just never try to go much below the minimum volume specified by the manufacturer, larger will get better low end but if too big it will reduce the power handling of the sub

Archived