Second Skin Audio

Can i make this enclosure better? Help?

bcbrassard

Any ideas on how to make this enclosure better. I know rebuilding a box is the best option but since i just upgraded everything 2 weeks ago, iam not real excited to tear it down to build a new box.

Box is 3.116929 cu ft with T1D212" = 2.808(- 2 4" aero ports 9.75" long) Tuned to 42 i believe.

I havent calculated for port displacement. Box inside demension are 14.5H x 36.5W x 10.5D

I was wondering if putting a T1D215" with a displacement of .547 cu ft would help lower the tuning.

I know the box need rebuilt, just scrounging for a way to make it better.

Anyone?

03lancerupgrade3029_zps0a4996d0.jpg

stack your ports on one side and move the sub over a bit to make room. Drop your net volume down a bit and tune lower.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I must say i was kinda worried when i seen Kranny respond! lol So you dont thuink a T1D215 would shrink the box size to help lower tuning? I suck at the box concept i guess. I understand it to a point but lost as well! lol

That's an obcon box right? Look like it at least. maybe block a port to lower tuning. Worth trying IMO. Those subs like around 2-2.75cuft.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I don't think the 15 is really .5 cuft displacement. The t2 is only .17 and they are the same size just a few small differences giving the t2 a higher power handling.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

That's an obcon box right? Look like it at least. maybe block a port to lower tuning. Worth trying IMO. Those subs like around 2-2.75cuft.

No i built it myself a couple years ago. I just didnt have the knowledge i do now and like i said i F'ed up and just exploring SMDs expert advice to a easier fix than rebuilding. The box actually sounds pretty good for the music i like, i just know its missing the lows it could produce.

Archived