Opinions on my door panel ideas?

Amart88

Bro,

if your doing PA,

Do 2 8's

i wish i would have gone 8"

I did 3 6.5's and wished id had done 3 8's

What are you thinking about using?

one 6.5, one 8 and one ft1 tweeter in each door. maybe 2 6.5's and one 8 but money wise that is unlikely anytime soon.

Also, I have window winders so my space is limited.

Left

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Left out of those two, but there are better options.

Why do you think a 6.5 mid and 8 inch mid would work well together? (especially coupled with a supertweeter.)

I've seen it done in plenty of builds. Why wouldn't it work? I'm no SQ guru nor is that what i am aiming for. I just want clean highs and decent mid bass.

Youll get decent midbass if you properly install the 8's, why the 6.5's?

The supertweeter can't go down low enough to match with the 8 inch though, not even with the 6.5 inch.

So if you don't mind losing midrange go with your option.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Why do you think a 6.5 mid and 8 inch mid would work well together? (especially coupled with a supertweeter.)

I've seen it done in plenty of builds. Why wouldn't it work? I'm no SQ guru nor is that what i am aiming for. I just want clean highs and decent mid bass.

The supertweeter can't go down low enough to match with the 8 inch though, not even with the 6.5 inch.

I need the 6.5s as I only have room for one 8" Also, How high is the difference for the super tweets. I plan on doing maybe some pillars at a later time to fill the gap. Don;t know what other choice I have.

EDIT: and how in the hell would a tweeter cause me to lose midrange? I see tons of well known people running 6.5's, 8's and even 10's in there doors with tons of super tweets.

I need the 6.5s as I only have room for one 8" Also, How high is the difference for the super tweets. I plan on doing maybe some pillars at a later time to fill the gap. Don;t know what other choice I have.

EDIT: and how in the hell would a tweeter cause me to lose midrange? I see tons of well known people running 6.5's, 8's and even 10's in there doors with tons of super tweets.

Because the supertweeter should only be used above 4-5kHz. And in no way the 8 inch will get to 4kHz, even the 6.5 can only go up to 1-2kHz without beaming.

A lot of people run Jensen and Dual equipment doesn't mean it's not junk.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Because the supertweeter should only be used above 4-5kHz. And in no way the 8 inch will get to 4kHz, even the 6.5 can only go up to 1-2kHz without beaming.

A lot of people run Jensen and Dual equipment doesn't mean it's junk.

I get ya man. I will have a gap. I'm crossing it at 5k. and the pwx 8 can go to 5100hz (not that I will run it there)

Archived