Second Skin Audio

My Findings...

ParDeus

I don't have an aero port box that I use but I do have an aero port that I took out of a box. I'd be happy to send it to you for testing if you like.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I've got a few, I was sorta looking for someone with a setup that knows there system well and has a good ear. Maybe if you want to mess around and get a baseline, and the send it over?

Or if your good enough with fabrication and a grinder, I can tell you how to modify it. Worse case, my box gets scrapped for an aero, lol.

big word.... long scientific explanation... another big word.... i disagree because some more big words.. na just paying i love this topic! just wish i was smarter!haha I'll reas this another 10-15 times! thanks guys awesome read! can't wait to see where this goes!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I've got a few, I was sorta looking for someone with a setup that knows there system well and has a good ear. Maybe if you want to mess around and get a baseline, and the send it over?

Or if your good enough with fabrication and a grinder, I can tell you how to modify it. Worse case, my box gets scrapped for an aero, lol.

I have the fabrication skills and a very good ear but I don't have a Termlab. However, I could build a box for this test and audition it in my "showroom" as I make changes. That way it would be something of a controlled environment. I do intend to buy a meter but frankly, I paid for the shop to get started and it has to pay for its own toys from here on out, lol.

If you think that would help, I'm game. Otherwise, I'll flip this thing to you.

That would work, I've got access to a TL, but I'd rather have someone like you with a good ear tell me it's subjectively louder first.

I'll try to think of a way to describe how to modify it. Do you have a pair of inside calipers?

Yep.

Oh boy this is getting good.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

oh yay, collaboration effort. This is one of the most involved new guys I've ever seen. Sweet.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Some more results...

Rect. Port with bedliner finish had 11% flow increase, but the coefficient of discharge is still way low, in the 73% range.

I modified an aeroport with texture in certain places and different radii, fins etc and brought the flow up substantially, 21% gain, and there is still plenty to be gained. The c/d percentages are getting VERY impressive.

I will make the bold prediction that I'll have the best aeroport on Earth sometime next week.

I met a great enclosure builder today who is local to me, and hopefully we can callaborate on some of these test designs. He is on here as double 07 I believe.

Quick (dumb) question guys, would a few small airleaks cause a DRASTIC reduction in a ported enclosure's output? I think the answer is yes, I just need some reassurance and maybe (God Forbid) an anecdote or two.

Thanks

Archived