Second Skin Audio

L7 15 bandpass??

hecta187

Im a local at home installer here in madera ca. Im about to do a blow through on a 96 ford truck regular cab. Now my question is since I am only using one L7 im trying to extend my performance as much as possible. I am wanting to build a bandpass for this woofer but I havnt seen any positive things about it. As far as I hear they say not to, Just to run a simple ported box. Feedback?

CAR AUDIO JUNKIE

band pass boxes are really hard to make good. I'm not the best person for box building but a bandpass box would be my last thought! I'd do a big 3.5-4 cubic foot box big vent(square foot) and tune it low 30hz. add bracing and a double 1inch baffle for the front.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

band pass boxes are really hard to make good. I'm not the best person for box building but a bandpass box would be my last thought! I'd do a big 3.5-4 cubic foot box big vent(square foot) and tune it low 30hz. add bracing and a double 1inch baffle for the front.

And this is why you should not lission to such people

You are a shop/ home installer correct?

Charging for your skills?

If you haven't build a 4th or 6th before

DONT charge for one as the chance of success first time is slim,

How much power do you have?

What amp

What coil config

Space is big but how much

Yes im a home installer

yes I am its a full install

I have built them before but ive only been building and installing for two years so I still research and gain knowledge

before every 4th just so I have a good configuration

this will be my first with an l7

single 15

roughly around 800 rms power from amplifier

woofer has dual 2

nd im not limited on space

my config specs it at 8.5 cuft

CAR AUDIO JUNKIE

I've ran several L7 S15 : they love huge box, sealed, or ported.

Don't tune too low for 4th order ported : 35 Hz is good for an L7.

I can't tell you for 4th order bandpass. I've never tried that.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Not sure if it helps but my brother had an l7 15 for the longest time. 4.25 cu box after displacement, dual 4" aeros tuned at 32 hz, 1200 watts clean power (older Rockford amp), 220 amp alt, upgraded Bart and 1/0 throughout. Metered at 146.something. All this was in an extended cab sierra 1500 gt '98. No wall, no blow through. Sub front facing, ports facing passenger wall, with bench removed and box braced as far to the passenger side as possible. Sub was as far to the drivers side as possible.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Im a local at home installer here in madera ca. Im about to do a blow through on a 96 ford truck regular cab. Now my question is since I am only using one L7 im trying to extend my performance as much as possible. I am wanting to build a bandpass for this woofer but I havnt seen any positive things about it. As far as I hear they say not to, Just to run a simple ported box. Feedback?

A blowthrough is better done with a 4th bandpass as your cutout will be smaller, just to fit the port and the L7s will work well in 4th bandpass boxes, the size of the box and proper construction are the only problems, just have a improperly installed sub that leaks and you will have a pretty serious and hard to fix problem in your hands.

Archived