ThatGuyWithAJetta Posted February 3, 2014 Report Posted February 3, 2014 So i just hopped on soundqubeds website to look at subs and saw the hds 15 for 90 which is the same price as the open box e-15 i was looking at but i was wondering if anyone has ran or listened to them, also i didn't see enclosure specs either so was kind of curious on what others have used? thanks for any input in advance !999.5 Volkswagen Jetta 1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15 Powerbass 1500,1
timc31610 Posted February 5, 2014 Report Posted February 5, 2014 That is the 2.5" coil 600 watt sub. I cant speak of that sub in particular but I can speak for soundqubed in general. I have an HDS312 and the sound and build quality is great. I would say 3.25-3.75 ft3 with 40-50 square inches of port at 33-35 would sound great. There are others here who could probably give more exact specs. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Seymore Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 Same here with tim. i don't know the exact sub but if it's sound qubed they love huge boxes and huge ports. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
robby512 Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 I Made a box for a pair of the hds 12"s and they sounded great but they like big ported boxes like they said already. Also had a pair of sundown e12's ported box and I like the sound qubed a lot better as long as you give them the space you will be happy http://www.soundqubed.com/Box-Sizes-and-Tuning-_ep_68.html
Joe X Posted February 6, 2014 Report Posted February 6, 2014 The 3.75- 4 cubes are the better ones for HDS subs, the E 15 will work nice in smaller boxes 3.25 - 3.5, it comes down on how much space you have available.
IzZy2Loud4U Posted February 9, 2014 Report Posted February 9, 2014 i asked soundqubed and they said 3cu for the 215 and 4 cu for the 315. minimum id guess they didnt specify.
ThatGuyWithAJetta Posted February 11, 2014 Author Report Posted February 11, 2014 alright thanks guys once i get my jimmy back i will take some measurements and see which one will fit better and decide from there !999.5 Volkswagen Jetta 1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15 Powerbass 1500,1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.