Suggestions on a bad a$$ 5.25 midrange

total mayhem

your answer right here about cutting the holes bigger

I have 6.5 everywhere else and i want these to keep up.

have to reglass the entire pod to fit the 6.5. The hole actually is large enough. It's the angle on the exterior and the mounting depth that won't allow it. It initially was going to be dual 6.5s but lack of measuring angles and depth properly worked against me. Even if the depth weren't a problem the top 6.5 over laps the bottom 6.5. I'll have to see if I have pictures. ..... It's raining so I can't go out and take them right now.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

lmfao!!!! $5.21 wouldve been better lol. I always forget about dd. That may be another direction as well. thanks

If those DD sound anything like the 6.5 they are loud and bright not much midbass

Im looking for something that is able to handle at LEAST 150rms for a good period of time. It also needs to sound great as well as be loud. I also need it to provide a excellent amount of midbass without distortion or mechanical fatigue. Any suggestions?

You will never achieve your goals by just trying to get a 5.25 that can take the power you want your 6.5 to take. Your also not going to achieve your goal by just slapping in a more expensive driver. 80% install 20% equipment. Don't know if you have any processing but it sure as hell wouldn't hurt

SMDSIG3.png

Im looking for something that is able to handle at LEAST 150rms for a good period of time. It also needs to sound great as well as be loud. I also need it to provide a excellent amount of midbass without distortion or mechanical fatigue. Any suggestions?

You will never achieve your goals by just trying to get a 5.25 that can take the power you want your 6.5 to take. Your also not going to achieve your goal by just slapping in a more expensive driver. 80% install 20% equipment. Don't know if you have any processing but it sure as hell wouldn't hurt

Completely agree with install vs equipment theory even though I would also say having both ends great doesnt hurt things. I'm interested as you why you wouldn't agree with the 6.5 and 5.25 on the same channel, as I've seen several 6.5 and 5.25 sets that were meant for the same purpose. All within 25rms of each other and 10hz. Sensitivity same or similar and so on. I'm not saying that you are incorrect I'm just very interested. As far as a processor is concerned, I had a audison bit one that I got rid of and I'm placing a 3sixty.3 in later this month. Head unit is a Alpine z926hd.

LOUDEST PHUKN BURB N LA COUNTY!!!!

Team SoCal SPL

Team Sundown

I'm running 5.25" midrange / midbass driver in my system and love them !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Using a high quality cap on the 5.25" would allow you to run them on the same channel with a higher XO frequency.

These are nice (but 8 ohm):

http://www.parts-express.com/aurum-cantus-ac130-50ck-5-1-4-midwoofer--296-442

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived