Second Skin Audio

6 e12 sundowns walled in monte carlo

Blake Farrar

Stick to a trunk build, your not ready for a wall

great advice gtfo if you're not going to help
That is help dumbass, if you have to ask all these questions you aren't ready/cant afford a wall. Just in building materials I have around $6-700 in my wall. Aren't you the same guy that called the ct125.4 a piece of shit? You should get a couple kicker comps and throw them in a prefab so you don't fuck up some nice gear.

just get off my post you're no help

I have an 04 Monte Carlo and when I made a rough measurement I came up with about a 20 cube box that could be built outside. It wasn't exact measurements so take that as it is. No idea if it would fit through the door, I didn't check lol. I just wanted a rough estimate

yeah i figured those monte's could fit a pretty decent size box into the door considering how big it is haha but i doubt ill need a 20 cube box

Well 6 12 need at least 2 cubes each. Plus .15 for displacement times 6 so there's another cube. So you're at 13 cubes before calculating port and wood dispacements. Since you should double baffle each side you need to factor in quite a bit more. We will do 1 cube displaced for port which is very low. That's 14 cubes. Adding .75 to each side is going to add quite a bit more. I know in my truck I was about 24 cubes and then 17 internal when it was all said and done. You very well could be at 20 cubes. I don't see this being built outside the vehicle. You will not get it through the door once it's together.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I've designed and built numerous boxes for fellow members here. I may be a dick, but I'm a helpful dick.

In my honest opinion, I don't think you're ready for a wall. A wall isn't a compromise, it's a full on, dedicated project. If you're worried about details of building outside of the car, it may not be something you're prepared to take on quite yet, and that is OK. You're also asking "What would be louder questions". No one can answer that for you, although we CAN speculate and support our opinions.

You're asking if entry level gear will give you the satisfaction worth building a wall, again, no one can answer that for you. You may me happy with 6 E12s in a wall, others may not be. You want an opinion on what will sound "better" in a wall setup, the Sundown X is going to get the votes. We can't tell you what to buy, how to build etc. We can only tell you what would make US happy if we were going to tackle the same build.

I DO genuinely wish you luck on your build and look forward to seeing pictures of it and the progress you make. Getting someone to help design you a wall is a bit tricky, we don't have the vehicle in front of us to take countless measurements over and over. Your best bet is going to be to find someone local with skills, maybe someone that's done a big wall before, to help you with your project.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Also if you are doing a wall you should build it to support the inevitable future upgrades when it's not enough.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Also if you are doing a wall you should build it to support the inevitable future upgrades when it's not enough.

Exactly, don't skimp with any single baffle crap. Or a tiny ass port that won't feed a real sub later. Make sure bracing and build quality isn't overlooked either.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This, my wall has a quad baffle, rest of the wall is doubled, 20'+ of 3/4" threaded rod, 80'+ of 2x2x1/8" angle iron, 3 gallons of resin and a ton of glass mat. Not to mention a gallon of titebond2 and 10 tubes of pl premium. I wish someone could find a sub that could destroy my wall lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

You need to relax man. If I were you I would do something nice in the trunk and wait until you have enough money to do a wall right.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

yeah you guys are right i kinda just wanted to builld a box outside of the car and maybe foam in it and build a beauty board and seal it off im not ready to build it inside my car but after all you guys have said about the e 12s ive changed my mind on that and i wanna try to get 2 x18s but if i didnt want to build a wall lets say just build a false floor and put some boxes on it and maybe clean it up would that be a easy task for a beginner?

Archived