Lows louder with window down

it's funny to me i asked this same question on the forum i just came from. 90% of the answers i got was "your a idiot systems are always louder with the window closed that's why people that compete have there window closed"

my system in my Saturn was much louder with any and all windows down(2 12s subs/port facing cabin seats folded down) but there isn't much of a difference in my Durango. some songs may be a Lil louder with windows down while others have 0 difference.

i have a question... my cousin just bought a 2012 f150 crew cab, with his windows up his stock system sounds decent....decent. when he rolls them down it's awful! it sounds like cellphone speakers or a laptop. no bass no mid bass nothing. is there anything i can do for him besides running a sub/amp he's not into systems but hates the lack of feeling. i was thinking new door speakers and sound deadner.. would that do the trick? sorry to Jack

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I know if i put my passenger window down while driving. it's a lot louder for me than if I had the drivers side down. More pressure. Same goes for the passenger if I only put my window down.

I have a question... my cousin just bought a 2012 F150 crew cab, with his windows up his stock system sounds decent....decent. when he rolls them down it's awful! it sounds like cellphone speakers or a laptop. no bass no mid bass nothing. is there anything i can do for him besides running a sub/amp he's not into systems but hates the lack of feeling. i was thinking new door speakers and sound deadner.. would that do the trick? sorry to Jack

He hates systems, but wants a system. He can either get something that will sound good or deal with it, imo.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

People outside the car can also hear it better when you roll the windows down. It's always more fun to cruise by a Wal Mart entrance with windows down and bass full blast. People just can't resist turning to look at what's shaking the ground :D

I'm going to venture to say you're young or immature or both because as audiophiles we DON'T want to intentionally give people a negative impression of us we do what we do for the love of audio not to purposely aggravate or bother people... So please refrain from being an assclown from now on it makes our community look bad ....Thanks

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

People outside the car can also hear it better when you roll the windows down. It's always more fun to cruise by a Wal Mart entrance with windows down and bass full blast. People just can't resist turning to look at what's shaking the ground :D

I'm going to venture to say you're young or immature or both because as audiophiles we DON'T want to intentionally give people a negative impression of us we do what we do for the love of audio not to purposely aggravate or bother people... So please refrain from being an assclown from now on it makes our community look bad ....Thanks

x2 this. intentionally bothering people is just retarded and gives REAL bass heads a bad name. also doubt a couple 12's are shaking concrete. they probably cant help to look because they're wondering what in the fuck is making that noise, like trunk rattle.

he doesn't "hate" systems, he hates mine. he really doesn't want to run a sub and amp. i was seeing if just upgraded door speakers and some deadner would fix his problem. he has literally no mid bass!I'm trying to talk him into a 6 or 8inch sub but I'm not winning the battle.again he doesn't hate systems he's just not into the multiple subwoofer thing

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

My last post concerning this in here pm if further interested, but try deadening his doors a bit.

Next steps would be head unit then speakers, then finally a dedicated amp.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

its all different from build to build. from what ive heard and read somewhere on this forum a while back is that a port tends to load on the opposite corner. so a port on the diver side will unload on the passenger side and that opening the window on the side it unloads is usually what gives the best increase in output.

that's just what ive read though

ive had center ported boxes, passenger side, diver side, across the whole length of the trunk, every time if I opened the passenger window to me it was louder but to the passenger it wasn't but with my window open and the others closed it was the complete opposite. back windows being opened didn't make a difference to the ear in my case though. didn't matter where the port was opening different windows still had the same affect.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived