Whats your favorite craft brew(s)?

SICKSPD

I am new to Craft beers... I am wondering how do I tell which beers are craft ? Anyone willing to help a newb out ? :)

The previous answers are right on and should help ya find craft brews local to you. I def recommend going craft if you like beer and don't mind spending a tiny bit more per pack/bottle (IMO it's totally worth it for real ingredients and actual flavor in the beer lol)

But technically speaking it's any brewery that produces less than 3500 barrels (barrel=2 kegs) a year is considered a microbrewery or "craft beer"

Usually come in 6 packs of bottles or a growler (64oz jug).. Sometimes 12 packs and I've even seen cans on occasion but it's not very common

You'll love some, hate others, but it's kind of fun to taste new flavors and styles. And some get high up there in Alcohol % too. We have a Belgian Tripel that's 9.7%. :)

You ever tried barley wine?

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Not sure on what car shows/competitions allow liquor or beer but I plan on bringing at least a few growlers of our beer to every show I go to.

Sooo if you ever see me at a show, you know where you can try some SMD community ;)

I'd have to know what you and your car look like lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I am new to Craft beers... I am wondering how do I tell which beers are craft ? Anyone willing to help a newb out ? :)

The previous answers are right on and should help ya find craft brews local to you. I def recommend going craft if you like beer and don't mind spending a tiny bit more per pack/bottle (IMO it's totally worth it for real ingredients and actual flavor in the beer lol)

But technically speaking it's any brewery that produces less than 3500 barrels (barrel=2 kegs) a year is considered a microbrewery or "craft beer"

Usually come in 6 packs of bottles or a growler (64oz jug).. Sometimes 12 packs and I've even seen cans on occasion but it's not very common

You'll love some, hate others, but it's kind of fun to taste new flavors and styles. And some get high up there in Alcohol % too. We have a Belgian Tripel that's 9.7%. :)

You ever tried barley wine?

Yup, we just had one on cask not too long ago.. Not really my thing.. I can usually handle a couple tastes just to get flavor profile, but i couldn't do a whole pint. Tho i did like it on tap more than cask.

Those suckers pack a punch too tho if you are into those. Most are 9%+

Not sure on what car shows/competitions allow liquor or beer but I plan on bringing at least a few growlers of our beer to every show I go to.

Sooo if you ever see me at a show, you know where you can try some SMD community ;)

I'd have to know what you and your car look like lol

It'll be awhile before I make it to any big out of state shows... But I'll post some pics so if any of you happen to be going too

Anyone into " Sour beers"? they are fuckin nasty

Are you talking bitter beer like IPAs or actual sour mash beer?

I'm starting to come around on IPAs.. I like certain hop varieties.

But as far as sour mash beer goes... Yea I agree, it's pretty efffin gross. Stinks up the entire brewery when you make it too!!

Edited by JNells

How expensive is it to get started brewing ??

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

How expensive is it to get started brewing ??

It really depends on what and how much you plan to brew and how sophisticated you want to get.. There are complete home brewing kits you can buy ranging from around $100 and up.

I'm not a home brewer, I'm technically not even a brewer, I just started helping and learning brewing at the brewery I bartend and manage.

It's brand new in 2012 so it's a state of the art system and everything is computerized, my brewing knowledge goes as far as which button to push and when lol.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

No not talking about IPA's, but sour beers. My boy is a craft brew junkie and always talks about sour beers. Local bevmo told me that

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

No not talking about IPA's, but sour beers. My boy is a craft brew junkie and always talks about sour beers. Local bevmo told me that

Oh yea, I agree with you then.. I don't like them either.

What's your flavor?

I like mainly ales... Browns, pale, some IPAs, and then porter/stouts.

I can drink just about anything but those are the ones I'll order or buy.

Edited by JNells