Mechman Alternators

Mechman 240a S series

I plan to order myself a 240 amp Mechman S series alternator when my tax money comes in, along with a big 3 kit from them. This is all going into a 2002 Toyota Sienna van.

I am so excited!!

I am also going to get one of those 1/0 wiring kits for my amp, probably this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Execution-Audio-Blue-1-0-AWG-0-ga-Gauge-Complete-Amp-Amplifier-Wire-Wiring-Kit-/111138341159?pt=US_Car_Audio_Video_Amplifier_Kits&hash=item19e05c8127

Soooooooooo EXCITED!!!!!! :wacky:

So let's say I get this alternator installed and working, along with the big 3 kit and the 1/0 amp wiring kit. What amp would you guys recommend? I run two SA-12s in a big ported box, about 5.2 cu ft and tuning at 30Hz. I am torn between a few amps like the AT1400.1D, SAZ-1200D, kinda in that range.

I know with that alternator I could probably run up to 3000W, but problem is by the time I order everything I'd have no more $$ left for the amp (or I'd have to save up for a bit which kills me).

Oh help me, kind experts :wacko:

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor

Shoot 240a alt and some big batts. Would laugh at 1200w.. youd need 4k plus to start maxxing it out. As long as you got a few batts.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I'm running that alt. Two g34 dekas and about 4k. That alt is a little beast. Awesome idle output too.

Edited by strangeduck

There ya go. Skip the 1.2k go bigger.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Sweet! Now to wait for that tax money to reach my account...

Are you guys running 4kW without a lot of problems? For example, do your lights dim when you have it full tilt? I'm doing a rough n00b calculation here, 240 x 14.4 = 3456W so just curious.

For now, I'll stick with my BRX1100.1D until I save up for a bigger amp. I'm sure I'll hear a big difference either way after that alt + wiring upgrade though! Unleash all 1100W at least!

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor