Second Skin Audio

Using 8's....

I wanna try out some 8's as my main sub set up. I already have one 12 that hits 143 on the TL. But I just wanna see how loud I could get maybe four-six 8's. Think it would be louder than 143db? The amp would be a Brutus 1606d. What do you think?

do eight 8s and a RF T20001bd.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Just remember you've just to work with your ohms there, 4 Dual 4 ohms 8" subs, you're looking around 0.5 ohms if not lower due to you RE ohms = 0.41 ohms. There's many wiring patterns you can go with. But run somewhat near what it's rated, cause I don't want you to fire a amp. 8" subs are great for the deepest of midbass, and they'll move some air, but don't think you'll be hitting high dB #'s on lower Freq.'s. Your test Freq is going to be very high. 55-60 Hz. What 8's did you have in mind.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

not true, I have done a 150 with 6 aa 8's @ 40hz.

did a 144 legal with 6 re 8's.

and 4 dual 4ohm woofs is 2 ohm OR .5 ohm

with your power i would go with 6 ascendant audio 8's

Now it depends on what car you have to determine if this is a good set-up for you or not.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ray I'm not downing anyone here, seemly meet it's hard to get a high number with 8's at lower Hz. But a 150dB run I got to give you some props on that one, really so @ 40Hz. I never wire anything in series, unless I have too.

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

itr8.jpg

ended up doing a 51 at 53hz.

played 30hz great but its focus was at 40-50hz without a doubt..

rock was amazing in the car.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I was thinking 4 dual 2ohm 8's so I could wire them to 1ohm. With the Bxi 1606d that would be 1600watts. I didn't really have any in mind, that's why I was asking for opinions on which ones to use. I have an 02 Silverado single cab. I'm wanting to use the 8's, cause with the 12 I lost all the leg room on the passenger side. So when my wife, daughter, and I all go somewhere....my wife is all cramped in the middle and there's barely any room for the car seat.  Kinda just an idea to see if I would like it better. How much would 6 AA 8's cost? How could I wire 6 subs to 1ohm?

Ok, nevermind about the wiring issue. I found the thread on wiring diagrams. I can wire 6 dual 4ohm subs in series/parallel to get 1.3ohms. Which is close enough for me. I don't wanna go under 1ohm with the amp and end up blowing it.