Where to put dat tweet at

So I am designing the enclsoures for my bookshelves. The boxes will be 2 seperate ported enclosures. One for the 7" and the other for the 4" mid. Would there be any difference to which side of the enclosure i choose to put the tweeter in? The air space for the 7 or 4?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What exactly is the design? Are these going to be tall enough to just fit the drivers or quite a bit taller? Also it does depend on where you plan on putting the speakers as it changes the staging of the highs. If they are going to be about head level I would put the tweeter on top or below the mid.

team%20xplicit%20smd_zpswfo6ysdv.jpg

I have a pair and there are the locations of mine. Mid woofer is directly in the middle, while the tweets are in the top corners.

mIQXSLn.png

Bad drawing and my pictures won't upload. My tweets are located right on top of the mid woofer, not that much space as seen in the drawing lol.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

I can design it to have the tweeter where ever the hell I want. I am asking, will there be a difference in how the tweeter sounds whether it be in the airspace for a 4in mid, or different in the airspace of a 7in woofer?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What's behind the tweeter makes no difference, as the rear of a tweeter isn't open. Where you place them relative to the other drivers on the face of the box is what matters.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I can design it to have the tweeter where ever the hell I want. I am asking, will there be a difference in how the tweeter sounds whether it be in the airspace for a 4in mid, or different in the airspace of a 7in woofer?

No, not at all.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ok that's good. So all in all, tweeter placement is still pretty similar to care tweeter staging. Need it at a decent point and pointed in the direction of my head.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You offset them to help with baffle step effect.

You can also round the edges of the baffle to help.

And you can go as far as to add a circuit in the crossover to compensate for it.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived