Sundown Audio

Crown Vic Build, Exile 2500.1

John Fassetta

My roommate just bought a 2006 former police interceptor Crown Vic. We're both pretty stoked about the alternator it came with (either 200 or 210 amps....I can't remember exactly), big battery, and HUGE truck. We're trying to figure out exactly the best build for him. What he already has is an Exile 2500.1 amp and Knu CCA 1/0 gauge kit. I believe that Exile makes a very solid amplifier and have heard that it can easily run at .5ohms. If we do the Big 3, do you think he will be able to support the amp? He has a Hertz 4-channel with 50 amp fuse so it draws something less than that much. Obviously 1ohm would be safer but whats the fun in not pushing the limits a bit lol and he'd of course rather not buy 2 subs to wire at .5 ohm only to find out he can't maintain voltage and has to switch to 2ohms. Those with a little more experience than us, what do you think? Run at .5 ohms or stick to 1ohm? Appreciate it!

1 Ohm

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Do you have certain stuff in mind your trying to do with the build? There are obviously ways to wire at 0.67 0.8 etc I would say those are safer still not 1ohm, but I would be all for something like 0.8. Perhaps look into AGM battery upfront and the big 3 with quality OFC wire. Given the space in the truck of a crown vic (I used to own one) I would say based on design you could put batteries on the shelf in the truck or on the sides and use the main area for the box and put the amp on the top shelf. There is a guy on here with a pretty legit vic build as well you may look into for ideas also.

Weak link is the CCA...

Get some OFC from Sky high and nice lugs, heat tubing and call it a day.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

more batteries. also if you want to run at .5.. I dont see why you want to run at .5 though. What subs are you planning that need more power etc?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

We're wanting to do a 2 15" setup and either wanting to do the new SoundQubed HDS315's or Sa-15's. Both of us and several of our friends have always just run Type R 12's (a local shop sells them for $99 every three or four months) but we're all looking to step it up a bit. I know 1ohm is safer, we we're just wanting to push the limits a bit. I think we'll play it safe and not try .5ohm.

Archived