Give me your thoughts on this computer part list

I will be using the NZXT 410 Phantom Case and will be using this for some light gaming but mostly for video editing, rendering, photography editing, and I know some parts will be overkill but I am not worried. I am more interested if I am at least looking in the right path, have made an error, or there is something I am not aware of. This will be my first computer build :)

AMD 8350 8 core processor 4.0 Ghz

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard

AMD Radeon Performance Series 1866 2x8GB RAM going to do 2 of these to achieve 32GB

EVGA GTX 770 GPU super clocked 4GB GDDR5

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD

Western Digital Black HDD 2TB

Corsair 1000W power supply

I have a pretty good liquid cooling system I am looking into but I am more interested in the actual computer. Probably just use Windows 8.1 64 bit

Thanks in advance

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Everything looks great to me, for your purpose I would look into a great IPS or PLS monitor as well.

Your power supply listing is very vague, but Corsair is a great brand. I personally prefer really quite computers so I would suggest an 80 plus gold or platinum PSU. Once again my preference for those. Modular is also nice.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Also if it were me. Id like to run raid. Two smaller ssds in raid 0 like a couple high end 32gb ones for the os only. Keep it very quick and snappy. Then w.e you want for storage.

Raid is awesomely faster, but if one drive fails the whole array fails. So in that case you could run 4 indentical drives in raid 5 iirc to have a backup set. So if a drive or even both primarys fail your still good.

On the other hand I reinstall about every year or so. So I say f that and run all 4 drives in raid 0. Stupid fast.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

And you're right I was a little vague with the power supply, the PSU is 80+ gold and it is modular. And my water cooling system is XSPC ray storm 750

Planning on oc'ing? If not run air. I run water, but unless your planning on running an agressive clock, its semi pointless. And if you were youd want to look into cooling the mobo using water as well. Imo mobo is the most important thing in an oc build. Unless you want the cool factor, then run water.

Other wise a decent heatsink will allow you decent clock headroom. With almost as good noise levels with 1000% less headache.

Not trying to talk you out of w.e you want but I see it's your first build and running water imo takes too much effort in changing coolant refilling semi annually flushing, finding quality blocks and pumps and rads etc. Unless your building strategy really requires the extra thermal capacity of course.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

That's a good water kit though. If your just cooling the cpu with a single rad. Preferably dual 120 or better. Itd be simple enough. Try to keep your resavoir as high as possible it helps or at least till you get it all blead.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Will be overclocking but the liquid cooling really comes down to impressive aesthetics and badassery

Yea it is bad ass. You could put a tad of uv dye in the coolant. Hide a black light in the corner of the case, youll have glowing neon coolant. Looks awesome imo

Post pix.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived