Power Supply

I just got a new power supply for my computer so I could use the graphics card I have. Problem is that I think I ordered the wrong one. The mother board has a 24pin connector plus another 4 pin connector. The power supply I got has a 20+4 pin connector. I think I got the wrong part. I haven't hooked it up yet to find out, figured I'd get some help first. I do have another power supply ordered, but I can cancel it if I don't need it. Did I get the wrong part or am I good?

Worst case you could always get a molex to 4 pin adapter and make it work that way

Well if its a 4 pin floppy power video card ur fine. Do they make those anymore?? Lol 6 pin pci e.. not so good. Alot of psus have a 24 pin with the 4 pin block being removable which is what you got.

Most modern psus will.also have the additonal 4 pin plug.. or like snow said order an adapter but you prolly want 500w plus. Or a decent certified 450.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

it's a small video card, only needs a 350 watt power supply. If I was building a computer and not doing a simple upgrade I would go with a bigger power supply, but for what I need this is fine. I did installed the new power supply but didn't work. Hit the power button after everything was hooked up, but nothing. Think I got a bum part.

Archived