Jump to content

Power Supply


Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got a new power supply for my computer so I could use the graphics card I have. Problem is that I think I ordered the wrong one. The mother board has a 24pin connector plus another 4 pin connector. The power supply I got has a 20+4 pin connector. I think I got the wrong part. I haven't hooked it up yet to find out, figured I'd get some help first. I do have another power supply ordered, but I can cancel it if I don't need it. Did I get the wrong part or am I good?

Posted

Worst case you could always get a molex to 4 pin adapter and make it work that way

Posted

That's only 350 watts, I don't know many video cards that would even run. If there where one thing you don't want to skimp on, its the power supply. I've said it over and over, its the one thing, if it goes, it can take out everything in your machine.

Posted

Well if its a 4 pin floppy power video card ur fine. Do they make those anymore?? Lol 6 pin pci e.. not so good. Alot of psus have a 24 pin with the 4 pin block being removable which is what you got.

Most modern psus will.also have the additonal 4 pin plug.. or like snow said order an adapter but you prolly want 500w plus. Or a decent certified 450.

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

it's a small video card, only needs a 350 watt power supply. If I was building a computer and not doing a simple upgrade I would go with a bigger power supply, but for what I need this is fine. I did installed the new power supply but didn't work. Hit the power button after everything was hooked up, but nothing. Think I got a bum part.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6470 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...