The new SWR's are in and they look sexy and sound even better! Next up is going 1/0 then a new amp to fully push the SWR's. The 800rms I'm giving them is great for now but knowing they can go even higher has me smiling from ear to ear in anticipation for when I can fully push em at 1000rms each!

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the amp off the box and made an amp rack to mount the amp. Just finished it at lunch

68F6162B-79BF-4B21-A756-D3C5478880BF_zps

Still planning on cutting some carpet for the top and sides of the box to get a cleaner look and planning on wrapping the blocks of wood as well. Murdering the Caddy out this weekend too.

Well I got pretty much everything I wanted to get done over the weekend!
I didn't go super heavy on the tail light tint and I will prolly darken it further once I replace the bulbs with LED's, I did make the side markers darker but didn't get a picture of em.
Also decided to add some color to the engine bay

1959550_10203376386305458_1602755616_n_z

10150542_10203377215286182_191535634_n_z
1994FA1E-F0E5-4714-8E55-F0CF923C6891_zps
B34F065B-0BA1-478F-A963-641B599C4C66_zps

Do you plan on hiding those cooling fans? It looks like you won't be forcing the air across the surface of the amp with that layout so it might be worth it to go ahead and hide them somewhere else if all you're looking for is air circulation in the entire trunk

Do you plan on hiding those cooling fans? It looks like you won't be forcing the air across the surface of the amp with that layout so it might be worth it to go ahead and hide them somewhere else if all you're looking for is air circulation in the entire trunk

The design is opened on one end so the air that is pushed in flows over the entire amp. The amp already has a built in fan but I wanted to add some more air for the coming summer.

• 2 months later...

So here is everything I have planned for the CTS which I hope to accomplish over the next couple years.

Mods to come!
CAI
Higher performance brakes and rotors
Eibach sway bar
Aftermarket rims
Poly bushings all around
Audio to come!
Sky High Audio Cable 0/2ga (1-2 runs)
DC Power 270amp
2-3 XS Power D3400
2 DC Lvl 4 12s custom from SHCA
4 Crescendo Mezzo 6.5 front and rear
1 Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 processor
1 Crescendo Audio BC3500D (bass)
1 Crescendo Audio S800/4 (front/rear)
Also debating 2 CT Sounds 1400.1 strapped for the lv4s

• 2 weeks later...

Small clip I took after detailing her. Nothing big and fancy as far as subs. Still need to get a timing belt, transmission mount and flex disc couplers replaced before the audio purchases start

Question!

How would it sound if I put 2 6.5"s in the front doors and 2 8"s in the rear doors vs 4 6.5"s? Wondering if the 8"s in the back will add a nice mid bass punch or if I should just stick to 6.5" all around.

So I tried my hand at Google sketch up and this is what I came up with for my box design. This is a very rough draft, I am trying to make sure I have it all ready on paper before I start cutting any MDF. All of the diminsions shown are for the outside measurements and I will be using 3/4in MDF in the final construction. I am currently running 2 Alpine SWR-12D2s but I will be putting DC Audio XL12s in in the future so I am designing the box around them. Also I am aware that I have the sub holes just a little big. I did not have the Torres calc available to me when I was doing this so I have no idea what the port is actually tuned to nor if I have the correct lenght for the tunning I want (29-32hz). The port on the top was made the size it is due to I already have a 10in hole in the rear deck from the stock sub and was seeing how big I could make a square port without cutting the deck.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

z04M9Hv.png

ywnL7j4.png

HwCWdcF.png

Rh1ZMo2.png

qzI5lmG.png

Nice Ride

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived