Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I'm going to biuld a tline with a 10 inch sub with a FS of 26hz :rolleyes:

it's about 11 ft long, and the port area will be 60sq inches.

All thanks to Foreverbumpin for this topic. :friends:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

it's an Fs of 26hz so 1130/26= 43,461538461538461538461538461538ft.

So yea about 11ft.

It's for in my house.

I'm going BIG, i now have a small ported box.

the RMS of the sub is 250RMS(can handle more) with a really high sensitivity.

EDIT: now it's right and divided by 4 =10,865384615384615384615384615385ft.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

it's an Fs of 26hz so 1130/26= 10,865384615384615384615384615385ft.

So yea about 11ft.

It's for in my house.

I'm going BIG, i now have a small ported box.

the RMS of the sub is 250RMS(can handle more) with a really high sensitivity.

forgot to divide by 4, quarter wave.

forevebumpn whenever i get a new ride, ill probably be looking to get some subs from you and maybe get some help from you in designing a nice t-line for them? you dont happen to have any 12's like those 10's do you?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I have everything ordered for a new build, and a large sub, and low Fs will be involved

I have a 250w plate amp coming in, all the digital cabling needed, coaxes, optical, and good gauge speaker wire, and banana connectors, to hook up to my new home audio receiver Harman Kardon AVR-7000 MINT condition $2000 receiver for a great price!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The sub- Ultra low end monster here, since the amp is adjustable for the bass boost (need to mod) Iam hoping to do this tline at a low 20-22hz with just a slight 3db boost

Posted Image

The front stage- These are heavy duty pro audio coaxes re-designed for marine audio, so they are treated, and sound beautiful!

Posted Image

Posted Image

These 8" coaxes in some towers should be a great match for the 18", if not, I guess I will need to add some 10"s in to the tower design

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone interested in a tline friendly 8" sub?

Posted Image

35hz Fs 0.21 Qts 0.225 Qes 8 Qms

great excursion, very linear sub. I use the same motor coil combo in some 400rms subs I build

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for sharing forever ... one problem though .. im a newbie in building boxes.. but i have carpentry skill .. i did the math on the sub , heres what i came up with :

sub specs:

qes - 0.39

qts - 0.36

qms - 5.5

FS - 25.3

quarter wave of my fs

1130/25 = 44.6 / 4 = 11.5 ft long (i think that'll be a little too long for my application, so decided to tune it at 30 hz)

30hz

1130/30 = 37.6 / 4 = 9.4 ft or 9 ft rounded ( a little more realistic for me, tuning at 25 hz in its natural fs would be great ..but its damn too long .. it wont fit)

SD - 8.5" / 2 = 4.25 : 4.25x4.25x3.14 = 56.7 or 56 sq" rounded

now here is where the confusing part begins :lol: .. i know i have to have a port that is 9 ft. long but how can i get a port that has a constant sq" of 56?

does the 56 sq" means that will be the equation of height , depth and width of my port?

this can be my max dimensions

46 x 14 x 12 ... i know that sux ... having a box that is only 14" deep, i can go as high as 15" though .. can anyone help me? pleaseeeeee... will be building my box this weekend .. so any help would be greatly appreciated..

oh btw sub is only 5.25" deep .. i can mount 2 3/4 spacers so its depth would be 3" ... would a 3.5" wide port be enough?

edit : figured out the port area thing ...stupid me... but a 9 ft port still wont fit .. dang .. i only have 13" of depth, and thats outside diameter ..any deeper than that and the sub will hit the back hatch .. sux! ... can i tune it higher than 30? the subs fs is 25 ish or can i make a crx t-line? (prolly a stupid Q :lol: ) ... im so confused right now .. in dire need of help ..

Archived