Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

ok i was wondering if im geting this right. idt i am so im just going to ask. ok i have a blow through of 2 18's and i was wondering how exactly i would be able to have the subs faceing the cab, weather inverted or not, and have the port into the cab but i want to to be tuned to 32-35hz. i have a stepside 6ft bed so the max wide i can get is 48.5 because i want room to put the box in. and a max of i think 20. the subs i have are DC lvl4xl 18's and im not sure what specs are needed.

now come on who doesnt wanna see a dual 18 tline blow through? i just need the help with the design and ill do all the work

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

would 1/8 wave work?

what exactly is a 1/8 wave? ive been looking and all i know is the 1/4 way, but i see ones with instide of 4 walls its like 2... and seams shorter then the 1/4 calcs for low hz

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

I know its a lot of work but are the pics at the beginning of this thread ever going to get fixed? I'd very much like to see them.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

what exactly is a 1/8 wave? ive been looking and all i know is the 1/4 way, but i see ones with instide of 4 walls its like 2... and seams shorter then the 1/4 calcs for low hz

yes, you can do an 1/8 wave. the box is gonna be smaller, and it will sound different. Not necessarily better or worse. when ur doing your calculations just use the fact that your going for 1/8 the wavelength instead of 1/4... hell if you have the space go for a 1/2 wave box ^_^

I imagine that an 1/8 wave box would be punchier than a 1/4 wave and less accurate on notes (less air support for the woofer from behind).... possibly a sharper dB fall off too. <--- just educated guesses

but yes. an 1/8 wave box can work.

btw, what do your HiFonics sound like in your doors? I was thinking of getting some along with a hifonics Zeus 4channel.

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

yes, you can do an 1/8 wave. the box is gonna be smaller, and it will sound different. Not necessarily better or worse. when ur doing your calculations just use the fact that your going for 1/8 the wavelength instead of 1/4... hell if you have the space go for a 1/2 wave box ^_^

I imagine that an 1/8 wave box would be punchier than a 1/4 wave and less accurate on notes (less air support for the woofer from behind).... possibly a sharper dB fall off too. <--- just educated guesses

btw, what do your HiFonics sound like in your doors? I was thinking of getting some along with a hifonics Zeus 4channel.

it will work, youll have a peak at the 1/8 wave but a higher peak at the 1/4 wave. You can add dampening at test it to lower the 1/4 wave peak

alright so instide of deviding by 4 then what... by 8?

and they sound sweet, very clear to me. and i got a dc 120.4 and the mids barley move off it

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

alright so instide of deviding by 4 then what... by 8?

and they sound sweet, very clear to me. and i got a dc 120.4 and the mids barley move off it

yeah. u take the (1100ish ft/sec)/(frequency) then divide that by 8 for the 1/8 tuning length

haha thats good to know about the mids :) wont be too afraid of overpowering em then.

Rowan University Electrical Engineering

LINK TO MY BUILDDDDD

Current Setup in my 00' Hyundai Accent:

Pioneer DEH-P6900UB

RE.6.5C AUDIO 500w 6.5" COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS

Eclipse SE 6500 (6.5 coax in rear deck)

two Kicker C124's in a t-line tuned to 28.6Hz

Kenwood KAC-7204

US amps 1600.4 V2

Upcoming Build this summer:

T-Line enclosure for two C124's tuned to 28ish hz O_O

amp my speakers with a US amps 1600.4.

Second Skin Should be fun ^_^

Can a full wave be done?......... i got a cheap 10 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=299-106 and trying to decide what to do with it itll be for home theater use .... 1/4 wave wont be long enough for what i want to do i was thinking maybe a 1/2 wave..... or 1/3 wave if possible

Can a full wave be done?......... i got a cheap 10 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=299-106 and trying to decide what to do with it itll be for home theater use .... 1/4 wave wont be long enough for what i want to do i was thinking maybe a 1/2 wave..... or 1/3 wave if possible

i dont think 1/3 wave works.

Archived