Jump to content

shipping prices crazy


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am sending a sub back to soundqubed to get it swapped out for a dual 1 ohm sub. They are charging me 15 bucks to ship the sub to me so I figured it would be a little more for me to ship. Holy crap was I wrong. Went to one of those postnet stores that pretty much ships for everyone. Said ups would be cheapest at 90 freaking dollars. FedEx was 96 and through the US postal it would be 108. Holy shit are you kidding me. I left and came home to do some looking on my own. I went to FedEx site and purchased a prepaid label. Used the same weight info, box size etc.

The price was 43 bucks. So take I bought the prepaid label and went back to the store and dropped it off no problems. How the he'll can a store like that charge 50% more to ship something?

I know soundqubed must have an business account so they get discounted shipping but only 15 to my 43?

So my rant is to let you know to always buy a prepaid shipping label from your preferred shipper rather than just going to the local shipping store and paying what they tell you.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

fuck that how much does it weigh I would have tried to sell it first before that

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Posted

The sub weight was 48lbs. I was going to just purchase a 're cone for 100bucks but they don't make one yet for this sub. So they had an open box return of a dual 1ohm sub that they offered to trade me. It's going to turn out 30 bucks cheaper than the 're cone and the time to do it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

I had the same experience with one of those stores.....luckily, my local Fedex office was still open (I thought it had closed) and they gave me a MUCH cheaper price.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

the local store needs to make money somehow.

By charging 50 bucks more for handing off a box to FedEx? I understand it cost to run a business but to me that's ridiculous.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted

Makes the free shipping that vendors offer look a lot better.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6960 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...