afro Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 So as the title reads, I am having issues with the rear lower c-pillars in my truck. This is where the cab vents are, behind the plastic trim panel that also houses the rear seat belt retractors. There were some type of deflectors from the factory that came into the cab from the vents... but impeded the ability to really build a solid box back there, so I removed them. My question is... with the back wall being double-layered with sound deadener, and knowing I can't cover these vents, what should I try? I have polyfill back there tucked into the corners right now, but that didn't seem to do crap. All four doors are deadened and "sealed" as much as can be. I have also read the sounddeadenershowdown.com wbesite almost to its entirety. Should I use a more dense foam block or expanding foam setup back there? Anybody have crew cab trucks that may be running into the same issue? My impression is that these vents balance humidity and pressure so that my cab doesn't get moldy and such. So covering them most likely isn't an option. As always, I appreciate any help from yous guys
n8ball2013 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Did you deaden over the vents. My truck is a 98 and windows up its coffin quiet THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
afro Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 Man I didn't. I thought there would be a good reason to leave them open (something to "balance" moisture, pressure, etc). But you haven't had any side effects of sealing yours off eh? I may just give it a try.
n8ball2013 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 No.not really doors shut a little heavier is all THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Kyblack76 Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Shoot and fill em with foam. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Skullz Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 All they do is release the pressure when you close the door. Like Kylar said, fill em in and be done with it. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
afro Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 I have an extra bottle of expanding foam laying around and thought about that. I also have some spare Fat Mat as well, I think I'll try that first and go with the expanding foam if I'm not satisfied. This was just was I was looking for, Thanks for the help guys
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.