Hey guy so I got my dd-1 in last week and just wanted to do a post about it. I have always been into car audio, but the one thing I could never figure out was how to set my gains properly and never took the time to figure out how to do it with a multimeter because honestly it just looked confusing. I got my dd-1 in after watching Steve Meade (the creator) use it many times and it looked simple but wasn't sure if it would be as easy as it looked. Well... it was easier, it literally took 10 minutes from start to finish. The instructions were wrote so that even the most inexperienced car audio person could read them and know exactly what to do. My gains are set, my deck is set so I know that I can go to 39 out of 40 on my pioneer deck without hitting distortion. Could not be happier with the dd-1. Made my life a lot easier

I had the same experience. It's fun to help your friends set theirs also.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Same here. Some of the best money I have spent on car audio. Only issue I had was that it took me years before I got it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Hey guy so I got my dd-1 in last week and just wanted to do a post about it. I have always been into car audio, but the one thing I could never figure out was how to set my gains properly and never took the time to figure out how to do it with a multimeter because honestly it just looked confusing. I got my dd-1 in after watching Steve Meade (the creator) use it many times and it looked simple but wasn't sure if it would be as easy as it looked. Well... it was easier, it literally took 10 minutes from start to finish. The instructions were wrote so that even the most inexperienced car audio person could read them and know exactly what to do. My gains are set, my deck is set so I know that I can go to 39 out of 40 on my pioneer deck without hitting distortion. Could not be happier with the dd-1. Made my life a lot easier

not to mention you can make some money setting your friends amps

I wouldn't charge my friends. Well maybe do it for beer LOL

Now friends of friends would have to pay.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I do not know what every ones deal is with saying you have to use 0db, Meade himself said woofers are good with -5db and -10 in a lot of cases also. I use -5db with success...

The 0db track is for finding hu clipping volume then use either track 3 -5db or track 5 -10db or track 7 -15db 40Hz tone to set sub gain. I personally use track 3 as I get too much clipping at -10db

Edited by oldsoundguy

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt