gmc canyon brake problems gurus get in here.

I looked up bleeding the abs and it requires a computer being used to cycle the valves. I tried bleeding oldschool someone pumps the pedal the release, repeat. And also vacuum bleeder that I use on my mx bikes. I feel there has to be air somewhere but idk what else to do then take to a shop...I hate taking my truck to a shop. Truthsayer..any way to tell that for sure its mastercylinder? I would hate to buy and replace. Also I have done the drum adjustment and makes no difference..feels like drums do all the stopping unless I oump my brakes.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks for all the input guys...iit really reminds me of air jaust like if I had air in the lines on my bike...but what I dont understamd why drums would still do all the stopoing..wouldnt air in the lines cause the brakes to be mushy but still perform equally?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Mater cylinders are cheap and easy to replace. If you keep getting the much (air) then 99% odds are it's the master cylinder. If it was your abs you would be getting a abs code. You can speak with any brake expert to verify that. No way would i take to a shop to do they will rape you on labor cost. It;s an easy job to do. Once replaced just rebleed your brakes. Back passenger first, then back drivers, then front passenger and finally front drivers side. But if your not getting the abs code, its not the abs. edit; The air caused by a bad master cylinder will hit the front brakes first.

truthsayer

At any point durning bleeding did you let the master cylinder run low?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

At any point durning bleeding did you let the master cylinder run low?

This recent time 100% sure...when it all started I cannot say..my brother was helping me and he was filling the reservoir so I couldnt say 100%. Lets speculate that it did go low..what would be my options

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I always had an abs light since i bagged my truck ( broke wire when i let spindle hang Dont care for ABS anyways)

But masters are cheap for my fullsize i believe it was around 50$ or so.

Only "downfall" is you have to bleed the system again since you have to pull the lines. ( hopefully they are in OK shape and dont break)

Also.. Another way ive bleed brakes is - put pressure on the pedal ( dont pump, just pressure ) have someone crack the bleeder screw and then close it before the pedal hits the floor, kind of pushing the fluid threw rather then "forcing"

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Sounds like you have bled the shit out of them, plus using the vac method is one of the best. If you have tried all the proper adjustments and still having these issues, then dude it's your master cylinder. If you dont wont to buy a new one or a remanufactured one. Then get a rebuild kit. It's super easy.

truthsayer

Master cylinder isn't too bad to replace. Just did this with my dad on a 07 Fusion. Brakes wouldn't engage until the pedal was near full application.

Since you have a little 4 banger in there, should be quite a bit of room for you to pull the master cylinder out. You'll probably have to pull little shit like the wiper fluid reservoir, coolant overflow reservoir, battery/tray, pull the ecm mounting and lay it to the side, plugged in though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Get them new drums for the back.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire